Chapter 11- Night Cont. still...

He was fuming by the time he got to the end of his sentence.

"I was just exploring I was going to return peacefully," I began. "And if you were discovered by people who you have a bad reputation with I doubt you would simply stand there and wait to find out what happens when they get you. As for 'initiating combat', it was obvious that I didn't start, there by making it self-defense, exhibit A," I said, waving my hand around my ripped sleeve.

Apparently he wasn't amused by my attitude because he brought his hands down hard on the table and stood up.

"Don't get funny with me. I have no problem dishing out a harsh punishment, and if it weren't for Maice I would. Damn it, only because Maice is involved, for the sake of my son I will have leniency." He shouted. I was now rendered mute, shaken by the thought of possible harsh punishments. He cleared his throat and straightened his self before speaking again.

"That is all I have to say to you," He said before the doors opened again and a duo of fenders marched in. They came to my sides and gripped me by my arms waiting for instructions.

"To the Cells until morning, no meal."

They nodded then turned and guided me to the door and out. I didn't even put up a fight, I was too lost in thought.

"For the sake of my son"

Despite being sentenced to the despicable dungeon by that man I couldn't help but admire him, the way he could scream his head off while at the same time showing how much he cared about his son. Also that, minus the death part, you could feel the loving, fatherly atmosphere he had to him. My mind reeled back to reality and I found that we had already arrived at a cell and the door hung open welcoming me into its mold-infested interior. I didn't move, instead I cringed as the stink filled my nose. A fender pushed me in with a hard shoved then closed the door a little more than half way and held it in place. Something I found strange because if I was being lock up wouldn't they close the door and be done with it. I didn't say anything as three minutes passed then I couldn't take it.

"What's going on, just—," I began before I was interrupted but the screech of the distant door. Down the hall I watched as two figure made their way closer to the cell. I figured they were more fenders to ensure I didn't try anything. At first I thought I was seeing things when I saw Maice come into the light. He didn't say anything as he walked into the cell and the door closed and locked behind him. The fenders nodded towards him, pretending I wasn't there, then walk away. Their steps echoed on the damp wall until they the door screeched and closed leaving the two of us alone in the raunchy chamber. The awkwardness was indescribable; imagine being stuck in a secluded area with the person who you just snuck away from. What was I supposed to say "Thanks for saving me and all but I couldn't stop myself from sneaking out and getting into a fight with a couple fenders. No big deal right."

Things were not looking so good on my part. From his point of view I was probably looking like an absolute jerk.

"Wait a minute why do I care what he thinks, yeah he saved me all but that didn't mean we had to be friends or anything."

A few more awkward minutes passed and it a question finally hit me. What the heck was he doing here? If he had to be on guard wouldn't he I don't know, be outside. I knew I shouldn't have been the one talking at the moment but I had to ask.

"Why are you here?" I asked surprised at how loud I sound in comparison to the previous silence. He didn't say anything but he did dish out a deadly glare out of the side of his eye. If didn't know before then I knew now, he was furious. Normally I would just follow by not saying anything until we were let out but I just couldn't let it remain the way it was. It was time to use the magic of my, not so social, social skills.