Prologue - Family Gathering

!Please read !

I know a lot of people are attacking me for the crappy scenes and flaws, but I know guys, chill.😂 I've gotten much better now and some of the pictures I uploaded here are ugly ( the outfits and songs make me wanna shove my head through a wall) and there were a few cliches, but hey it's fine.

I started writing this book so long ago (I was 15 and now I'm 21), it's a strange feeling looking back on the old vs new comments and see how this audience has grown, but I always appreciate everyone's CONSTRUCTIVE* criticism. Reading this back I keep cringing so many times, but I hope some people can learn to let that go and just enjoy my weird cringey, and FIRST, full story on Wattpad. <3

OK IM DONE ENJOY <3

_________

!! PLEASE KNOW THIS BOOK IS UNREALISTIC. USE YOUR IMAGINATION. I'm tired of people saying its "unrealistic", it's about werewolves and mermaids for christ's sake lmao. !!

-----------------------------------------

"Ah! Mason!"

My brother laughs at the cake in my hair and swims over to the cupcakes where Flip is. He whispers something into his ear and Flip, being the sneaky dolphin he is, nods his head and looks at me mischievously. They both grab the platter of cupcakes my mother made and smashes them onto my head. I try to swim away, but I'm too late. Next thing I know, I'm covered head-to-toe in cupcakes, the frosting stuck in my golden locks and sticking to my scales.

"I'm going to get you for that!" I yell at them before I give me best warrior scream and grab the seaweed punch, splashing it onto Mason and Flip.

Flip lets out his high-pitched squeak and Mason screams like a little girl yelling "I'm melting! I'm melting!"

I start laughing at my work but before I could bask in my glory, Mason swims in front of me in an instant and tackles me to the ground. We start rolling around in the sand and Mason pins himself on top of me and starts his revenge by tickling me. Me, being the very ticklish person I am, starts laughing, begging him to stop. Flip, after getting the punch out of his eyes finally, swims over and uses his fins to tickle me. Since Flip has fins that are slippery, they tickle much more and soon my laughing turns into gasps of air from laughing so hard.

"Alright! That's enough! Let your sister go!" My father yells as he enters the kitchen.

Flip gets off and so does my brother while I lay on the ground still trying to catch my breath.

"Apologize to your sister and then join us outside with the rest of the family."

"What! She started it!" Mason yelled pointing an accusing finger at me. Flip chirps in agreement.

"No, I didn't!" I yell from the floor.

I stand up and brush the sand off that stuck to my scales and begin to work on getting the frosting out of my hair.

"Yes, you did! Don't you see the punch all over me?!" Mason yelled, still sticking to his defense.

I put on my puppy eyes and swam up in front of my dad.

"He got cupcake all in my hair and tackled me to the ground for no reason ruining my hair I did just for the party! I didn't do anything wrong, I only threw a punch in self-defense." I said in an innocent tone of voice.

My dad's eyes softened and he gave me a hug, while Mason gave me a sneer from behind dad when he wasn't looking. I stuck my tongue out in response and let go of my dad.

"It's ok princess, I know you didn't do anything. Everybody outside now! Mason, don't throw food at your sister anymore tonight or else no diving from the underwater cliffs for a week!" My father said before he swam out from the kitchen to join the rest of the family.

My brother gave me a look while I tried to control my laughing. As he swam out past me, he stuck his tongue out at me before swimming away to the rest of the family. I rolled my eyes and joined him with Flip right behind me.

All my brothers were playing tag further down by the reefs, while my mother was cooking the shrimp we caught earlier. As I sit and look at all my family, I heave a sigh. Being the youngest of 5 (and the only girl) I get babied a lot. It comes in handy sometimes, like when my brothers and I tease each other, but I'm almost never allowed alone and don't have any friends of my same species.

Flip is one of my best friends, but he's my brother's friend. All my friends are my brother's friends since my privileges are very limited.

Lots of people don't know were related, my brothers and I. My whole family has similar features except me. They all have the brown hair and bright green eyes, while I have blonde hair and blue eyes. Each mermaid or merman has their own powers, and I have yet to find mine.

My whole family posses water bending, but I don't. My mother always says it could be because my powers are different and it effects why my hair and eyes are different too. You're supposed to find your powers at 15, but im 18 and haven't shown any signs yet.

My tail is also smaller and not as powerful or strong as my brothers, which is why they are much more avid swimmers than I. While all of them are around 6'2 when in human form, im only around 5'1.

Aiden is the oldest, he's 25. Lucas is 23, Levi is 22, Tyler is 21, and Mason is 20, while I just recently turned 18.

I shake my head, discarding my thoughts before I swim down and join my brothers. I slip in between the coral farther down while Aiden, being the tagged one, is distracted from chasing Levi. Aiden chases Levi down farther by another section of coral into the deeper depths until I cant see them anymore. Come to think of it, I can't see any of my brothers since they all swam down there and haven't come back up yet. I emerge from my hiding place before swimming over to where my brothers went. I hide behind a piece of red coral higher up and wait for them to come out.

A few minutes pass and I see nothing, and I begin to wonder if they went down somewhere else. I come out of my hiding place into the open. I look down and focus my attention on any little movement that happens within my eyesight. I hear movement from behind me, and as I turn around, I realize my mistake of coming out into the open. I get suddenly pushed into the sand with all my brother's dog-piling on top of me.

"Oh, my Neptune! What have you been eating Lucas?!?" I yell since Lucas was the one directly on top of me, crushing me.

"Well, earlier I had some chips, a little seaweed wrap, oh and some popcorn-"

"Get your fat tail off of me!" I interrupt and try to shove him off to no avail since my other four brothers were on top laughing.

Tyler, being himself, farts in Aiden's face and soon enough everyone smells it.

"TYLERRRR!!" Everyone yells as they quickly scramble away.

Tyler flushes red from embarrassment but continues to laugh at us. Aiden opens his mouth, probably to yell at Tyler, but a loud thunder is heard from above silencing everyone. We all swim to the surface and stick out heads above water to see how bad the storm is. I am instantly blinded from water shooting at my face in all directions, feeling like little bullets shooting at me. The waves are rough and I go back under, mainly because a waved pushed me under and I couldn't keep my face above even if I tried to. The waters at this point are rough too, and Aiden orders everyone to get back to the house immediately.

Everyone swims away against the strong currents, but I get behind everyone since I'm not as strong a swimmer as them. The water keeps slamming me into the coral around me, and I'm knocked into one and fall over, breaking the coral. When I manage to get up and start swimming again, my brothers are already at the house with my parents signaling me to come in.

My father swims out to get me, but a large piece of coral gets ripped out of the ground and hits him, knocking him to the ground. I try to swim closer to my family, but a huge wave rolls overhead and I get lost in the current, not being strong enough to fight it off. I'm above the water, then I'm under, then im above. This repeats for a countless number of times and I soon feel tired, all my energy gone. A huge wave rolls overhead again, and im pulled out of the water and am thrown into the air. The surface of the water approaches me fast as I fall and as soon as I hit the water, everything goes black.