Day 2 - New World

Casey's POV

I was walking through the woods, feeling anxious, for some reason. I looked around, trying to spot any sign of life, looking for a way out of this place.

Suddenly I heard a noise, the crunching of leaves, and it sounded like it was getting closer. I turned around, only to find the monster rushing up to my face. He pushed me to the ground, I wrestle him, and he tries to bite me.

I go to grab my knife, only to find that it was missing. I knew I couldn't fight off the monster for long. I closed my eyes in hopes it would at least be a fast, non-painful death.

Suddenly the noise is gone and I no longer feel the monster on me. I squint my eyes open, just to get a peek. There was no monster, no woods, and sadly no light.

I stand up and fumble around in the darkness for a minute until I found the light switch. Sure enough I was back in the janitor's closet. We all must have fallen asleep waiting for the horror to end.

Not wanting to wake anybody up I go and sit back down in my spot. I start thinking about my group. Was I in a good group? Would I survive the apocalypse with them?

Well we had the leader...which was probably Braelyn. We had the fighter/super badass...OBVIOUSLY ME! The sensitive one...Ella. The slightly unhappy yet still extremely supportive one...Della. And the mildly crazy yet doesn't care person...Kat.

One of the others started moving around, I grabbed my weapon and prepared myself to hit. I stood up and walked over to the one moving, it was Braelyn. I then lowered my weapon and helped her up.

"Okay, so, yesterday was real"

She looked really tired, maybe her dream had made her forget all of this for a little bit...

"Yeah, it's real, Brealyn"

"Okay, so I'm thinking that for today we get out of the school, jack a car, head to my house, take all of my food, medications, and my weapons, then we head on to the other houses I guess. We can stay at my house for the night."

"Sounds like a plan to me...as for now I'm fucking hungry."

"You may have to wait until we get to our house, or if you want we can check the school kitchen for breakfast."

"I don't know if I can wait for the first option, I choose 1."

"Okay, well we'd better wake up the others."

*time skip*

We had talked for a little bit with everybody. After that we made our escape from the janitor's closet to get some breakfast. There was blood all over the hallways and a couple of walkers here and there. We eventually got a little bit to eat and then saved the rest.

We did jack a car which luckily still had the keys in it, the driver was dead, but hey win for us right? We drove over to Braelyn's house. We got her food and medicine, then her weapons.

Braelyn had a small sword, I was kind of jealous of her, I wanted that sword. I had found a machete and was no longer jealous. Della had found a hunting knife, and looked pleased with the trade. Kat had found a cook knife, and it didn't seem to bother her at all that she'd soon have to use it on walkers. Ella chose a rifle, saying she didn't want to get anywhere near those things.

We had all met up in the living room now, and we all became quiet so Braelyn could talk.

"Okay it seems the whole town has been evacuated so obviously my parents aren't here...but we have all we need for survival. For tonight we sleep downstairs and we have we can take turns guarding the exits."

Everybody agreed, and I volunteered to guard first. I headed to the front door and readied myself for a long night.