Epilogue

[ NAOMI'S POV ]

"Bye Ma!"

Tumakbo si Rainie palabas sa bahay habang kagat-kagat ang sandwich na ginawa ko sa kanya. Mukhang malelate na naman siya. Napailing na lang ako habang tinitignan ko siyang tumatakbo palayo sa akin.

Bumalik ako sa sala at napahinto ako nung nakita ko ang kalendaryo.

August 31.

Ang tagal na rin palang panahon ang lumipas. I can't believe that tomorrow will be the 17th anniversary of Rielle and Vince's inclusion in the Atama family. Those two changed my life and because of them, I am where I am. And even now, I still can't accept the fact that they're gone. The memories from fifteen years ago is still haunting me every time I sleep.

***

'I'm sorry...Nathan...Nathalie...'

Seeing him with a pained expression while trying to smile broke my heart into pieces. He's drowning with his own blood but he kept fighting until his last breath. And it's all for me and Nathan.

His body fell to the ground and I almost ran to where he is. I want to stay by his side but several Shinigamis are chasing me because of Rainie. And I know that her safety should be the priority. After all, her existence is one of the reasons why this war started and I'm sure the Shinigamis want her back. I feel bad for her because I've heard that the Council of Elders forbade her from entering this place. Just because of her origin, her fate was sealed by other people and what's worse is her parents can't do anything about it.

"Huwag n'yo silang hayaang makatakas!"

"Kill her!"

Several Shinigamis appeared in front of me but my body moved on its own. I swiftly slashed my fan in front of them and I used my sixth sense to prevent the others to get out of the Black Dimension. Kinuha ko rin ang nalaglag na sword at kahit hindi ko alam kung paano gumamit nun ay nagawa kong mapabagsak ang natitira pa.

Countless bodies lie in front of me but I can't feel anything. It felt like my soul isn't there. It felt like a dream. Seeing and hearing everything around me, their voices inside my head, but the voice I want to hear the most isn't there. Tumingin ulit ako sa direksyon niya at tuluyan nang bumuhos ang luha ko nung nakita ko na hindi na siya gumagalaw at kahit anong tawag ko sa isip niya ay hindi na siya sumasagot.

'Y-You're finally here.'

'Yeah. I'm here. Thank you for waiting for me.'

Napalingon naman ako sa direksyon ni Akemi at nakita kong kasama na niya si Hideo pati na rin si Nathan. And seeing my son safe in his arms made me sob harder.

"Give that child to me!"

Nagulat naman ako nung marinig ko 'yun. Pagtingin ko sa harapan ko ay lumabas ang isang babae na kamukha ni Rielle pero mas malamig ang expression niya. Her eyes have different shades of green and I can see small stitches on her face. Nagdudugo rin ang kaliwang pisngi at braso niya at hindi siya makatayo nang maayos. I think this girl is Rin. Haruka told me about her and how she hates her sister.