16. Home Sweet Home

~~ 6 MONTHS FORWARD 10/12/13~~

"Issy. Issy. Wake the fuck up." Monique was shaking me to wake up. "I need a ride and you have work."

I groaned and rolled away from her voice and tried to catch a few more winks of sleep. Monique's foot connected with my ass and pushed me out of my comfy bed. I opened my eyes and raised my head to rest it on the mattress. "You're a bitch."

"I'm doing you a favour. You need to get to work and I need to get to school." Monique stuck out her tongue. "I'll make you a coffee and we'll go."

I smiled at her. "I love you."

She left the room and I started to shed my pyjamas. It was so cold, I didn't want to get out of my clothes but I had to. I love my job but it was too damn cold to change.

It's hard to believe that a whole six months had passed and an eventful six months it had been. When we came back from England, I had my stomach tattoo and I had no recollection of that happening. The minute we got back from England, Danny tagged along to my place and asked Monique to be his girlfriend. They've been dating five months and they're closer than ever. They are truly in love and the cutest things. Ben and I have been dating seven months and its a rare occasion that he's not at my apartment on a free day. From August to October, the boys toured all over South and Central America with three days off for my birthday and from November to the second of this month, they were in Asia. Ben and everyone around me, coaxed me into putting my resume into AP magazine for a writers position and I got the job! Ben had connections to the editor and he sent them some of my writings I had done and the editor actually loved my work! The job has given me so many opportunities such as: meeting all the Warped Tour headliners, reviewing amazing albums and going to countless concerts and I made two very close friends. Brandi Peterson and Jamie China came in one day since they were models for our winter fashion special about three months ago. We are joined at the hip now and they've made friends with my sister and Demi. We all pushed Demi and Cameron into going on a couple dates but that obviously didn't go well because they hate each other now and haven't spoken since about late October. Sam and Brittany got married about four months ago and he's absolutely infatuated with her and everything she does. I think it's sweet.

Today was Tuesday and it was Secret Santa day because Christmas was in fifteen days and we were closing for the Christmas season today. I saw the present wrapped on my desk waiting for me to take it to work. I quickly shoved it into my handbag so I didn't forget and then went to start dressing for my day. I'm a feature writer so I do interviews and album reviews it is an amazing time, everything I have ever dreamed of. I quickly changed into a chunky oversized mustard cable knit sweater, black high waisted skinny jeans with a southern style belt and black Doc Martens. I tied my blonde hair into a side braid and applied my usual makeup. I slipped my handbag over my shoulder added with my wallet, keys and phone and I walked out of my room, down the hall and to the kitchen where Monique was stirring two mugs of coffee.

I was Monique's lift to school everyday since she didn't have a car... or her license. Monique was studying to be a tattoo artist and piercer and planned on opening her own tattoo and piercing parlour. I was stoked because that meant free tattoos and piercings for me. In about a year she'll be fully certified and able to work in an established parlour. I sat on the dining room table where Demi was devouring her cereal.

"Morning Dem." I smiled.

She beamed up at me. "Morning Issy. When do you finish work today?"

"Umm, four thirty like usual. Why?" I pouted.

"So do I. Wanna go out for a coffee?" She asked.

"Yeah!" I grinned. I checked my phone and it said 8:15am. "Shit! Monique! Get in the car!"