Chapter Eleven: Thunderstruck

***Leandra's POV***

I sent Steel ahead of us down the road. He would be waiting at Beaorn's home. I, of course, cried and gave him many kisses on the nose before letting him go.

I travelled out of Rivendell with the Company. It started pouring as we made our way along the cliffs, not the best if you have no cloak and you wear a battle dress.

"There's a cave ahead! We can take shelter there!" I stood near Thorin, having to shout over the wind.

Thorin absentmindedly grabbed my arm when we looked up to see the first stone giant. "Holy shit! That's fuckin' awesome!!!" I shouted and saw the next one.

One giant punched the other, knocking off his head. "Yeah!!! Kick his ass!!!" I laughed as we kept moving.

"You think this is funny?!?" Thorin bellowed over the wind.

"This ain't my first thunder battle! We need to hurry! NOW!!" I barked and we all got moving faster.

***

I ended up getting to be the only one smashed into the cliffside. I kept Bilbo from falling...that's all that mattered to me. The giant moved his leg away from me and I sat up, rubbing my head. I heard Thorin, Fili and Kili shouting for me.

I laughed. "Woo! Let's do that again...ugh, my head hurts." I groaned, a bit disoriented from hitting my head.

Thorin was the first to reach me. "Why did you push me out of the way!? You could have-" He saw the blood starting to trail down my forehead.

"To save you, idiot! God damn it, you should realize that it's the only reason I'm here. So excuse me for being an awesome friend!" I groaned and tried to stand.

My legs were like jelly, Thorin growled and grabbed my wrist, holding it over his shoulder, his other arms around my waist. We followed Dwalin into the cave.

"Aww, you're being a sweetheart! Does anyone have a gold star for him because he gets an A+ in my class on friends..." I said wryly as I tried to stay awake.

He sat me down in the sand that lined the bottom of the cave floor. "Oin, she's disoriented, bring me your kit. Someone check the cave." Thorin ordered and sat down in front of me.

"You were worried about me~" I said in a sing song voice.

"You are different from your kind, you actually have feeling." Thorin said in monotone, taking my tiara off my head.

"Thranduil has feeling, but he's mostly depressed. His heart was turned to ice when his wife was brutally mudered in Gundabad about two thousand years ago. Thranduil is such a cold butt hole that he's permanently damaged his relationship with his own son, even though Legolas is what his wife left for him...but he doesn't seem to understand that...like seriously, love is a good thing...I guess he wants her shiny necklace back so much that he forgot what love even was." I said and everyone stared at me, especially Thorin.

"How could you know all that?" Thorin asked.

"Because I'm me and I know everything about everyone, like how when you're angry you make your voice deeper like a bear to scare people, but I think it's cute. You have a loooottt of issues, but that's normal for what you've seen." I shrugged as he wiped the blood off my forehead.

"And what is normal about what I've seen?" He growled.

"Absolutely nothing, but you misheard me, I said your issues are normal. There's no sickness on the gold in that mountain, you're just crazy." I giggled. "It's a mental response to trauma from battle. Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, PTSD, it's activated by certain things in the brain, there and there." I pointed to the aggression part of the brain and sadness.

"I see the symtoms all the time, you brood, stare at one thing for long periods of time, your aggression, your ego, your depression-" He cut me off.

"I am not depressed!" He snapped.

"There it is right there...Thorin, you will get your mountain back. I know it...and that dragon will burn in his own fire." I chuckled.

Thorin was quiet for a while, putting a bandage on my head. "That does sound nice...the dragon I mean." He said in monotone.

"I'll take what I can get, King Fluffyshield." I bowed my head.

We cannot linger here...