Chapter 29

Liam's POV

As soon as school ended, I was in a big rush to get to Ashley's house. First I wanted to find out what was up with her and why she didn't show up today, so I ran over to Isaiah.

"Hey Isaiah,"

"Uh, hey,"

"So, what's up with Ash?"

"She's got a fever,"

"That's weird. Probably from that douche Niall. Anyway, I'm going to come clean today, I tried yesterday, but she blew me off to hang out with.. Him,"

"You don't like Niall? Why?"

"He hates me and I hate him. Simple,"

"I guess fighting for the same girl makes relationships difficult. Well, I wish you some luck with Ash,"

"Yea, thanks," I said, walking towards Terra.

"Terra, can you give me a ride to Ashley's house?"

"Uh, sure,"

We walked to her car and started driving to Ashley's house.

"So, have you met Niall? I think he has a thing for your girl," she said.

"I really don't like him,"

"Why not? He's cool,"

"Me and him just aren't cool,"

"Well, he's kinda trying to get with Ashley from what I see, you better stop him,"

"Don't worry, I've got things,"

Ashley's POV

I woke up and walked downstairs to the kitchen. I pulled out a can of chicken noodle soup, opened it, poured it into a bowl, and put it in the microwave for 3 minutes. I waited for it to get done, then I pulled it out of the microwave and sat down in the living room. I turned the TV on and began eating. I wasn't expecting anyone other than Isaiah to come home, so when I heard the doorbell I just yelled for them to come in.

"Hey Ash," I knew that wasn't the voice of Isaiah.

I quickly turned around, almost spilling my soup.

"Uh, uh, Liam! What're you doing here?"

"Checking on you,"

"You don't have too, I'm fine,"

"I just wanted to,"

"I don't get it, why do you care about me so much, we're done,"

"You're not at all like I imagined and I messed up. I wanna fix things, I wanna come clean," he said as he sat next to me.

I say my soup down on the coffee table.

"Liam, what's going on?"

"Okay, I've been hiding something,"

"Yea, I kinda figured,"

"Will you promise me that you won't hate me forever?"

"I can't make a promise if it's bad,"

"Then I guess I can't tell you,"

"Fine, I won't stay mad.. Forever,"

"Well, you remember when I told you that whole story about me and Lindsey?"

"Yea,"

"Would you believe me if I told you that it was a lie?"

My face was red. My eyes were widened. I didn't want to believe that he just said that. I was in shock. I was confused.

"L-Liam, please don't say you lied," tears rushed down my face.

"Ash, I'm so sorry," he wiped away a couple of tears before I smacked his hand away.

"Don't touch me,"

"Ash, please.."

"Get away from me. Now!"

"Ash,"

"Get the hell away from me! I trusted you and you lied to me!"

"Ash it's not like that! I swear,"

"How isn't it like that! Basically you used me for sex that you couldn't get!"

"No! Please, take time to listen!"

"You can explain, but there's nothing you can say or do to fix this! You're a liar, I won't know if you're telling the truth or not!"

"Listen, I shouldn't have lied to you. At first it started off as a scheme to.. Ya know, but then I got to know you and you weren't like I imagined. You were different. You were the one, so when I lied to you, I wasn't sure how to tell you,"

Tears still rushing down my face. I just didn't know what to say. I was confused and upset.

"Please, just get out,"

"Ash.."

"Get out, please,"

"Are you mad at me?"

"You lied to me, held it against me, and had thoughts of using me. No I'm not mad, I'm pissed the fuck off. Now please get out,"

He got off the couch and stormed out with tears falling from his eyes. I think he was just as hurt as I was, maybe even more. I picked up my soup and just ate and cried. I'd never been so hurt.. Ever.