Chapter. 6 ~ Two Heads Are Better Than One...

~AVA'S POV~

I am running. My feet are slapping the pavement and I feel like my lungs are about to explode. "Ava! Wait up! This isn't a race!" Elena says behind me. "Yes this is!" I laugh and take off running a little faster. I come to a halt when I get to the corner. I take deep breaths and hear Elena panting.

"This is suppose to be a morning run. Not a marathon, Ava." I smirk. "Well I felt like beating you at running today. Life is too short to take just a morning run." At least my life is too short. "Come on let's go back home."

I nod and we turn around. We both see the man in a hood running towards us. "Lets go the other way." Elena pushes me and I take off running the other way with her on my heels. "Is he still following us?" I ask as I keep running. "Keeps going Ava."

Elena urges me on and I keep running. I glance back and he's still following. We keep running and I hear the guy gaining on us. Elena grabs my hand and we take a short cut. We slow down and look behind us. "Is he gone?" I turn and scream.

"Ahhh!" The hooded stranger had took off his hood and smiled at me. "Sorry I should watch where I'm going." He jogs off and I let my heart beat slow down. "Nope, I am never going on a morning run with you again. Next time make Jeremy go." I take off running towards the house...

I feel paranoid for my sister. But I should be. Klaus is still out there and he knows that we tried to kill him. But my only question is why hasn't he made a move? There's been no sign of him and its making me feel on edge.

I sit with Bonnie and Elena at the Grill and I drink my apple juice. "I feel like I'm spiraling into insanity."my sister says as he leg bounces up and down. "Join the club. Every time I close my eyes, I have that nightmare in repeat."

Bonnie had told is her dream and it gives me a bad vibe behind it. "The same dream?" Elena asks as I put my hand on her leg to make her stop. "Four coffins, Klaus is in one of them. It's weird." I sit there and think for a moment. "What if it's not just some dream? What if it's, you know a witch dream?" Bonnie shrugs.

"It's just stress. I'll figure it out." She looks at Elena. "How's Stefan? Has there been any sign of him?" Elena shakes her head. "He betrayed us, Bonnie. The Stefan that we knew is gone." Deep down I want to believe he's gone. But there's still a speck of hope. Hope that Stefan is just waiting in his cell of darkness. I brush my arm over the marking that now stains my wrist. I wish this was the key to his cell so I could let him out.

Elena was pissed when Ric told him about Jeremy. I wasn't surprised...because he told me a week ago. "Ava, did you know about this? And don't lie. You and Jeremy are really close." I look around. "What? Sorry Elena I think Ric is calling me." I manage to get away and sit with Ric. "My sister is on a rampage. And my brother is on a spiral of a life time."

I reach for his glass but he moves it. "Last I checked you weren't 21." I roll my eyes. "Last I checked you were my cool trainer and history teacher." He hands me a paper. "You got an A+" I smile wide. Mom would have been proud. Dad would have even smiled if he saw this. No don't thing about them. Don't open that door of emotions.

I look over at my sister and Damon then grip the bar table. "Ava, what's wrong?" Alaric looks where I was glaring and he sees Klaus. If he tries anything I'll open deaths door for him personally. That's when I notice the guy standing next to him was the guy me and Elena had bumped into early this morning.

 Klaus' always watching us. Even when his eyes aren't the ones doing the watching. I see him talking to Klaus to Damon and Elena and I get up. "Ava, Don't." I shake Alaric's hand off and step up to them. "That sounds like a Klaus and Stefan problem."

Klaus' eyes darken as he attempts to take a step towards my sister. I step in his way. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. Things might get a little messy." He looks at me and gives me a cold smile. "Well this is me broadening the scope, sweetheart." He says over my shoulder to Elena.

When we get home I set up the table. "Are you ready?" Alaric says as he cuts up some of the food for lunch. "Vampires, hybrids, and Originals? No problem." My sister says in a sarcastic tone. She hands me the plates and I set them up on the table. "Our rebellious brother? I'm worried." Elena looks at me and I look the other way.