Chapter 5: Better Watch Out Because You Might Wake Up to a Surprise

Third Person Limited P.O.V. (Kagura)

Kagura was happily frolicking in the fields of sukombu. From time to time, she would stop to pick up another piece to eat it. As she was skipping along, she saw a floating pair of glasses gliding gracefully towards her. She stopped to greet it.

"Hello, Shinpachi! Isn't it just a beautiful day?" she asked the pair of the glasses.

"It sure is!" it replied.

[Shinpachi: OOOOIIIIII!!!! WHY AM I JUST A FLOATING PAIR OF GLASSES? WHERE'S THE REST OF MY BODY?
Author: What are talking about, Megane? That is your whole body.
Shinpachi: NO IT ISN'T!! WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK I'M ONLY MY GLASSES?
Author: Isn't it a fact? I learned it in Gintama anatomy. See? *pulls out a diagram of Shinpachi's glasses labeled with its different parts and titled 'Shimura Shinpachi'*
Shinpachi: THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS GINTAMA ANATOMY!!
Author: What are you talking about? Yes there is! There's a course on it at Gintama High School. Zenzou-sensei teaches that course and always warns the students about hemorrhoids.
Shinpachi: *sigh* Whatever, I'll stop arguing with you so just go back to the story.
Author: Hmph! *proceeds to writing the story*]

The pair of glasses then continued to go on its way as Kagura kept going her way.

'This must be what heaven is like,' she thought.

She was just stopping to pick up another piece of sukombu when she heard a low rumble.

'What is that? Thunder?' she wondered.

She looked up at the sky, but there wasn't a single cloud in sight.

'What could it be?'

As the rumble became louder, she finally realized what it was.

Sadaharu was still growling when Kagura snapped out of her dream and fluttered her eyes open.

What is he growling at? Kagura wondered as she looked at her huge, fluffy dog growl at something behind her.

She rolled over to see what was behind her and was greeted by two huge eyes staring right at her only about a foot away.

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!" she shouted as she immediately tried getting up into a fighting position, only to get herself tangled up in her blankets.

"Didn't I tell you not to disturb my sl- OUCH!" a familiar voice close by yelled as Kagura accidently hit the other person's head.

They continued to struggle with the blankets for a good minute before finally getting it off of themselves. Kagura, who was sweating because of her intense battle with the blankets, looked at the "stranger" who sat in front of her. The two huge "eyes" that were staring back at her were simply part of Sougo's sleeping mask, which he took off once he freed himself of the blankets.

"What the hell, China? What did I tell you about not disturbing my-" Sougo began saying when he looked down to see himself on top of a blanket.

Oh... my... god.... Kagura thought, looking at the boy sitting in front of her.

Kagura and Sougo both looked down at the wood floor to see that the blankets lay right on top of the line that split the room. Sougo still just barely sat on his side of the room while Kagura just barely sat on her side, so technically neither of them crossed the line. But they were now awfully close. Kagura then looked back up at Sougo who looked back at her with an expression of horror. She slowly lowered her head, causing her bangs cast a shadow over her eyes. A dark aura began to surround her.

"YOU PERVERT!! YOU BROUGHT ME OVER HERE DIDN'T YOU?!" Kagura screamed, throwing punches at Sougo, who expertly dodged them.

"Oi, do you really think I'm such a sore loser that I would try to get up next to a flat-chested little girl while she's unaware? I can get much better girls to sleep next to me with much bigger boobs," Sougo said in a monotone.