A Lost Prophecy

This is a special chapter to tide you over for a day or two while I tweak chapter 5. Sorry it's taking so long. Life has been annoyingly busy. Anyway, here it is.

___________________________________________________________________

"Eve is having another vision, Lord Chi," Brother Elliot said quietly.

"Take me to her at once, Brother," the older man said, getting to his feet.

"Yes, sir," Elliot tightened his pure white cloak around his neck and opened the thick wooden doors. He led Lord Chi out into the icy rain and across the field to the Prophet's Temple. As soon as they entered, a gray-haired woman with bright gold eyes hobbled over.

"Hurry, Lord Chi," she cried, "She keeps making the same prophecy over and over. She needs your help to make it stop."

"Of course, Lady Gwyn," the elderly man made his way down the hall to the golden door that held a young girl. The short, skinny girl had curly blonde hair and alabaster skin that made her look like a porcelain doll. The only things that ruined the image were her gleaming golden eyes and a shimmering silver mark drawn in the middle of her forehead.

"The King of Priests has arrived," the girl cackled mockingly from her chair in the center of the room. Her voice was strange, far too old for such a young girl. The voice crackled with an ancient kind of power.

"Eve," Chi said by way of greeting.

"You of all people know that Eve is not here," she responded.

"Should I address you as Sibylla then?"

"Yes, I believe that would be appropriate," she laughed.

"I heard that you've been prophesying."

"Indeed, I have," she crowed.

"Care to share it with me?"

"Of course, of course!" Her eyes grew hazy and her voice went from old to ancient, "The Era will come to an end and the land that dwells in light will be clothed in shadows. After a hundred years bathed in darkness and blood, hope will rise again. A child will be born of the strange-eyed princess and the king of the gold-eyed outcasts. In her will live the spirit of Queen Alaula. But have caution... for this child will also harbor the greatest evil the world has ever known. The child will be split in half, and a choice one half makes will bring the world to an end."  The girl's face cleared and she stared at the man before her.

"Eve, I believe you have had your first false prophecy," Lord Chi chuckled.

"What did I say?" she questioned in her quiet, whispery voice.

"You suggested that the Light Era was going to end," he scoffed, "It's ridiculous really. The Light regime has never been stronger."

"I never predicted wrong before," she murmured nervously, "Could I be losing my gift?"

"No, dear," Chi replied, patting her on the back, "Your sibyl is an evil spirit. She was likely trying to cause panic so we would be vulnerable."

"Still... should we not at least record it?" the girl suggested, fidgeting in her seat.

"If it means that much to you, I shall write it down," Chi answered, merely to humor the poor girl. He jotted down the prophecy, exactly as she had said it. Then he put up his hood and walked back to the King's Temple.

The old man noted that the rain had stopped as he crossed the holy ground between the two temples. The sunlight glinted off the golden mark on the back of his white cloak. The mark that was shaped like an eye.

______________________________________________________

Author's Note:

I love you all! And I'm so sorry for not posting recently. Life is just too hectic these days. I can't imagine how awful it'll be when school starts up again. Anyway, this is just a chapter to say 'Thanks for not giving up on me!' I think you can pretty much figure out what's going on there. Please don't hate me...

Comments, votes, fans/votes, etc. are always appreciated. Stay amazing!

~ Elizabeth

p.s. The image on the side is Luna.