The New Castle

The gold chariot arrived just outside of Canterlot.

"Thank you gentlemen," Celestia said as she stepped onto the ground, still wet with morning dew.

The Pegasi bowed before their two princesses as Luna descended from the sky.

"Oh Tia, I've forgotten what it was like to fly," Luna said excitedly.

Celestia laughed quietly as the two sisters passed through the gate into the glittering city.

Luna looked around in wonder. She couldn't believe what she saw. Buildings that looked like they were made of different colors of gold. They glistened in the morning sun and almost reminded Luna of the Crystal Empire that had disappeared so long ago. Almost.

And that's not even mentioning the ponies. They wore such beautiful clothes in all colors. They held their heads high with confidence and always looked graceful. That is, for those who didn't yet notice the strange alicorn walking straight through their town right next to their princess.

Celestia walked up onto the platform in the middle of the square as a crowd gathered. They all seemed to be focusing on Luna, though. But Luna couldn't focus on anything but what she saw in the distance.

The castle, her castle. It was made of pure white marble and the shiniest gold she had ever seen. She saw that it was being decorated with colors of blue, purple, and black by the palace guards. She couldn't take her eyes off it. It was beautiful.

And Luna still couldn't focus when her sister began her speech.