Chapter Twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE

The Turnover

July 12, 2010. Monday. They reached Isla Esperanza aboard Ramil’s private plane in time for lunch. 

Vic’s driver had fetched them and driven them to the mansion.

As soon as they arrived at the mansion, Vic and Sandra welcomed them. The maids delivered their luggage into the same guest room where they had stayed in before. Then with their host and hostess, they went to the gazebo up the hill to have lunch. 

Sandra talked to Aimee as if thwarting her. “So how was your honeymoon trip, Aimee? Mine was really fun. We hopped from one European country to another.”

Aimee knew what to expect from Sandra so, “We had it in Fiji for a couple of days. Every day is honeymoon for my husband and me.” 

Ramil added, “It was just a few days break. I plan on taking my wife on a longer trip by December.” 

Sandra asked, “Where?” 

Ramil answered, “Anywhere my wife wants to go, a tour around the world perhaps if Aimee wants it.” 

Vic then asked Ramil, “Are you planning for a child right away?” 

Ramil said, “For all we know, she might be carrying our child already. I’m not getting any younger, Vic. Surely, I want to have an heir.” 

Vic suggested, “You should plan on having more children. I just had a daughter. But she’s dead now. Sandra can’t be pregnant. So there’s no chance that I will have a new heir.” 

Aimee said sincerely, “That’s sad!” She didn’t know that Sandra couldn’t be pregnant anymore. 

Sandra walked out on them. “Excuse me, I don’t feel like eating anymore.” 

Vic didn’t do anything to stop his wife. He wasn’t giving into Sandra’s tantrums. He told Ramil and Aimee, “She has been throwing tantrums every now and then. She was really upset when I ended our trip.” 

Ramil asked, “Does she know about our impending business transaction already?” 

“She still doesn’t know a thing about it. It’s better that way. She’ll just hinder everything,” he said. “So have you already made your own appraisal of my properties?” 

He answered affirmatively, “Yes. Aimee and I had already agreed on the figures.” 

“How much?” 

He said, “You know how much they are worth, Vic. Our appraisal was a little lower than yours but we’ll settle with your asking price.” 

“You aren’t the shrewd Ramil anymore,” Vic commented. 

Ramil replied in a cheerful tone, “Guess, marriage is softening me a little bit.” He even gazed on his wife. 

“I’ll accept your appraisal then,” Vic said. “Consider the rest as my wedding gift.” 

He asked, “So, when do we draw the papers?” 

“As soon as possible. Our lawyers shall meet tomorrow in my hotel at the north.” 

“Yeah,” he agreed. 

“Sandra will surely like to tour you around our hotels, Aimee. I already told her about it this morning and she had agreed. You might as well have the tour tomorrow while Ramil and I are working on the papers.”