Chapter Twenty-Eight || Hospital

here's a longish chapter for ya

"I can't see out of it."

"You can't?" Luke gasped and cupped Michael's okay cheek.

"No... Oh my goodness Luke, I'm not gonna be the same! I'm gonna have to wear an eyepatch and it's gonna be so ugly on me. I'm gonna be ugly. Why would someone do this to us? You didn't leave the stove on or anything, right?" A tear escaped Michael's unbandaged eye but Luke wiped it away.

"No I didn't sweetheart... But I can tell you one thing. You'll be as beautiful as you were yesterday, today and the day after that. We'll find who did this to you. I think I have an idea as to who it is though..."

• • •

Luke stormed into Forever21 with Michael on his mind. That same day, Luke left the hospital in need to find Emma. With his luck, it was her shift.

He pushed racks of clothing over and stomped throughout the store in a search to find his ex. Instead, he found Riley and gripped her arm harshly.

"Where the fuck is Emma!" he shouted. Riley's eyes widened as she pointed to the jewelry section where Emma was fixing things and putting them where the belong. He was about to do the same for her.

"Oh ha ha, I fucking know it was you!" Luke pulled the back of her shirt and faced her towards him. He pushed her to the floor and pushed her wrists to the ground. The few customers around them only glanced and minded their own business.

"Get off of me!" Emma shouted and kicked her feet.

"I won't press charges if you just come with me now," Luke firmly mentioned and slapped his hand over her mouth. She wriggled around a little bit more and finally gave up. Luke took his hand away.

"Where's your proof, Lukey boy? How do you know I burned it down?" Emma narrowed her eyes and Luke smiled.

"I never mentioned anything about burning anything down. You seem to know what I'm talking about. Now let's go."

Emma didn't disobey because she knew she'd be caught either way.

"If you're wondering, my friends saw you running across the yard. My mom's dog would be sneakier than you. Oh, and did you know that Michael's half blind? Yeah. So that happened."

Emma didn't say anything.

Luke dragged Emma to his vehicle and shoved her in the drivers seat. He was so pissed off and Emma would be lying if she said she wasn't scared and nervous. Luke is about to turn her in.

"Luke." Emma looked at him but he didn't acknowledge her. "Luke!" She sighed. "I'm really sorry. I don't know why I thought burning down your house would do anything because I realize it doesn't--"

"Do you really realize that, Emma? Michael is half blind and now I have to repair my house! I'm under so much stress and now I have to deal with your stupid ass! What the fuck were you thinking?" Luke screamed at Emma. Her bottom lip started to tremble.

"I wasn't thinking! Okay?! Just turn me in!" The blonde girl started crying as she looked out her window, slumped in her seat. "You're not the only one under stress."

"You're the one who did this to yourself."

• • •