FIVE.

"Sage?"

"Cassia?" Ophelia imitated Sage's voice, right down to the way she extended her the 'a' of her sister's name.

"Sage, help us!"

"Rosemary?!" she did it again.

"He killed Mum and Papa! He cut off their left hand and slit their throats and then cut off Mum's head! Sage, please! Get help!"

Although she couldn't see them, Sage was sure Ophelia had flashed her eyes black, for her vision went blurry for a short second. "Sage is gone now, child. Ophelia is in the house!"

Ophelia strutted over to the record player in the corner of the living room, and picked out a shiny vinyl. She placed it on the box, gently laying the needle on top of it and picking the bloodied knife up that was sitting patiently next to it.

The three sisters recognised the song immediately: Sweet Child O' Mine. In sync, they each stopped struggling and listened for a moment, letting the childhood memory resurface. It was practically the family song, summing up their lives in a sweet melody.

She's got a smile it seems to me, reminds me of childhood memories

"Are we not going to sing?!" Ophelia had returned to her voice - and had quit impersonating Sage - and was once again using a snarky and commanding tone. Her eyes seemed to bulge out of their sockets, like a balloon ready to pop. After receiving no answer, she grew impatient. "Well?!"

Cassia and Rosemary slowly began to sing along to the song, their voices shaking and cracking with every word. "She takes me away to that special place, and if I'd stare too long I'd surely break down and cry."

Ophelia sauntered to the pair, ripping Rosemary away from the clutches of her older sister. She stuck the knife into her arm, dragging the blade down and slicing through the young girl's flesh. The scent of blood and screams filled the room, and before long Ophelia struck her weapon down into Rosemary's pale neck.

Oh, oh, sweet child o' mine

"Keep singing, Cassia darling, and I'll prolong your demise."

It was almost impossible to make out the words of the song over the sobs of Cassia, "Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place, where as a child I'd hide - no, n-no, I can't! Please, leave us al-alone! Give Sage back to us!"

"Well, if you refuse to cooperate..."

It took Ophelia approximately one and a half minutes to rid of the fifteen year old, and although she had suffered many other injuries, the final cause of death was having a knife impaled into her skull. Blood seeped through the hole in her head, dying the carpet below her an ugly shade of crimson. A slightly darker maroon saturated her caramel hair like water, and her bright green eyes just stared at the ceiling above her. The last piece of Sage's family was gone.

Where do we go now?

Sage kicked at her mental restraints, trying to force Ophelia out of her body. She screamed in anguish, clawing her nails down the side of her face. Of course, it made no physical impact on Ophelia, but her shrieks were enough to drive anyone to the brink of futility.

Sweet child, sweet child o' mine.

[double update double update yay. and yes, sage and her sisters were named after herbs #sorrynotsorry]