Chapter 3 - tag team

"It is all about practice. If I do the same thing a million times, it will be a piece of cake at the end." Sam murmured. "Hey, little Apple TV wanna be, can you bring my own self from the future?"

"Of course. Tell me when. I have just enough power left to bring 4 people here. They can be here for half an hour each."

"Good to finish the homework while it's still fresh in my mind. How about the "me" from 3, 6 and 9 hours from now? I might want to save a spare at the moment."

"Great. We will do it one at a time. Close your eyes, focus on the person you want to bring, in this case that person is yourself, and then press the button. Very simple."

When Sam opened his eyes, he saw someone who looked exactly like him standing in front of him. For a split second, he thought he was looking into a mirror. Exact same appearance. Same messy curly hair. Just a few hours older.

"How are you? I guess you know why you are here. Let's not waste time. Why don't you take this stack of paper and I will take the rest? I have to say, it is just very awkward to ask myself for help."

"It is not only awkward but also stupid." The older Sam murmured.

***

Half an hour later. Poof. The older Sam disappeared. And the paper he was holding fell to the floor like a falling leaf.

"That was quick. Hmm, I didn't do much actually." Needless to say, Sam was distracted by all the text messages, push notifications, and of course all the games on his iPod.

"Hey little guy, next person in line please!"

Just like what happened before, another Sam showed up.  This one looked a bit tired, however.

"You are the laziest person.  You should have worked on your homework rather than playing games!"  The older Sam grabbed the younger one by the collar of his shirt and slammed him against the wall, before he punched the older one in the face in self defense.

"Ooops.  Are you okay?" the younger Sam asked.

"Could have been better ...."

They immediately cleared the air.  Must be a funny feeling to clear the air with oneself ....

With the older Sam working along side, the younger one was much more focused now.  So much was done in half an hour but it wasn't quite complete before the older Sam disappeared, again.

Minutes later, another Sam arrived. With a black eye, this time was not quite a mirror image. And this Sam looked very exhausted. Before the older one disappeared again, the math homework was completed.

"You still have one left." the little device reminded Sam.