Chapter 20: Jesly Kilphadi

"Some people
don't understand
why I help
people in need.
I don't understand
why they wonder."

I had slept almost all day and all night.

I barely remembered any of my dream, but I did remember a part where I was in a forest.

Rikka had visited me along with the Leia from time to time. But besides that I had slept for at least sixteen hours.

But I did finally get up, and change into some new clothing that someone had brought me.

Looking in the mirror though, I felt a sick feeling in my stomach.

I looked like a rebel, in a jumpsuit. It was a dark green jumpsuit that pilots would wear underneath their pilot suits, and with that to familiar logo.

I tried to run off the feeling, doing my hair instead as I brushed out all the knots, tucked it behind my ears, and still placed that band over my head.

I didn't wear any shoes.

I walked out and saw fighters hard at work, fixing ships, flying, talking, training, running around everywhere.

I went to another room that I had known to have food, and got some breakfast, but it was really almost lunch.

Afterwards, I made my way around the place looking for the General. When I finally found her rushing about.

"Leia!" I shouted, and everyone turned to look at me as if I was crazy for calling her Leia.

She turned and looked to me, seeing that I was embarrassed by what I had just done she shouted, "Back to work!"

Then she walked over to me, "Good morning dear, how are you today?"

"I'm good, and you?"

"I'm okay." She responded, still smiling. "What can I do for you?"

"Well actually I was wondering if you knew where my friend is? Sandro?"

Her smile faded, and I had a feeling that she was going to say something bad.

"He recently went on a mission to Cembar, apparently when you and your brother didn't return with the cargo shipments. We had a group of Rebels, that included Sandro, who went to try and get the shipments ourselves. However, there was more security than we had predicted. The group retreated, but a few of our men went missing. Including your friend. I'm so sorry."

I looked down at my feet, not believing what I was hearing.

"Thank you for telling me." I mumbled, she smiled softly at me and I walked away.

I just wanted to be left alone, I wanted to go lay down and cry in my bunker.

Another one?

Another person in my life that left and didn't come back.

But there was a possibility that he could be still alive.

That's all the hope I was hanging onto.

As I walked, I saw the path that Sandro and I had walked on the night before I left.

My heart was drawn towards it, and something told me that if I walked on that path then Sandro would be there at the end.

So I decided to walk along it.

Without him it was quiet, and I felt even more alone.

My bare feet dragged on the forest floor, cold and tingling.