Chapter Six

"English?!" The woman asked Lynx as she was waking up.

"Excuse me?" Lynx answered, confused and trying to remember what had happened.

"You speak the English?" The girl repeated, acting as if she had just found out the meaning of life.

"Yeah.." Lynx told her,the memories from last night flooding into her mind. "Thanks for helping me out last night miss, I got a little out of hand."

"It's fine" the girl replied, "I'm Akira. I need to make some breakfast, you might want to check your phone while I cook it's been going off all night."

Lynx murmured a thanks and looked at her phone. She saw what was on the screen and was horrified. Her mother had texted her asking if she was alright, but the part that made her tremble was that she had thirty-four missed calls from Lauren.

She phoned her mother and explained that Lauren couldn't stay for the trip, leaving out the part where she had a mental breakdown and lost four months of work. Her mother was upset to say the least and said she would feel better if Lynx just came home, since she was now all alone. Lynx told her mother she was alright for now, but if things got worse she would head home.

Now the hard part, talking to Lauren.

Lynx didn't know if she should call her or simply text her. She finally decided on a text. She could sculpt what she said, and best of all, when she started crying Lauren wouldn't be able to hear her.

Lynx- Hey lauren, sorry I couldn't text you right away but I fell asleep. What did you need?

It was simple enough. She sent it and watched her screen. The message showed that Lauren had read it. Then it showed her typing, Lynx was shaking with fear. Would Lauren tell her off? Would she be mad? These thoughts swirled in her mind as she stared intently at the screen.

Lauren- It's fine I was pretty tired last night too. Can you call me?

Lynx could feel her insides knot up tightly. Her fingers floated over the contact, then pressing the call button before she could have a second thought.

"Hey Lynx," Lauren said to enthusiastically into the phone, "listen, I'm really sorry for what happened at the airport. I should have stayed, I left you alone in Tokyo, that wasn't okay. I was really worried about Jamie, she really had me scared."

"It's fine," Lynx said even though this certainly was not fine. "I get that you were worried about Jamie. About Jamie, how is her mother doing?"

Lynx didn't hear a response at first.

"Well, you see, just," Lauren stammered "her mother is fine. She wasn't sick. Jamie just really missed me, and, she lied I guess. She wasn't trying to do anything bad, she just was missing me. There is a dance happening at her school, and there was no way that she would go alone. Or not go. She called it 'social suicide' I don't think I'll be coming back or anything, but you can still have a nice trip. You understand right?"

Lynx was shocked. Beyond shocked. Lauren had left so that she could go to a school dance. She would rather be at a crappy school dance than in freaking Tokyo with her. It hurt. It burned. It made her want to pull her hair out.

"Lynx, you still there?"

"Yes, I'm here. I just don't understand why you left me in FUCKING JAPAN ALL ALONE WITH NO ONE ELSE TO TURN TO SO THAT YOU COULD GO TO A CRAPPY SCHOOL DANCE!"

Lynx slammed down the phone, then silenced it.

"English lady, I made breakfast things!" Lynx heard from the kitchen.

"Coming!" Lynx shouted back.

After an semi awkward breakfast, and an exchange of phone numbers Lynx set for the hotel.

On the way over she thought if she should stay in Japan, or just go home. It seemed better to go home.

She started packing and turned on her phone to search for flights she could take.

12 missed calls from Lauren.

48 text messages from Lauren.

5 voice mails from Lauren.

Maybe she had been a bit harsh on Lauren, but it was justified. She had been left alone in Tokyo. She found her flight and packed up. She would leave in the morning.

So much for a fun trip.