Chapter 15

Valerie (⬆️)

2 weeks later..

I would have never thought moving could be so much work. I applied for over 10 houses over in Cali and none of the people accepted. The moving company I wanted to help me move went out of business AND my momma is rushing me to move. And to make it all better Odell starting teaching Eli shit.

I sat in Mia's bitch ass store watching a video of Eli walking.

"Come on Dom! You got it!"

HE EVEN STARTED CALLING HIM DOM! I get Dominic is his middle name but, what's so bad about Elijah?

I put my phone down as the guy that delivers Mia's stuff walked in.

"Hey Dion." I sighed.

"WHOA, ion like the way you said that try again please

"WHOA, ion like the way you said that try again please." He said before walking back to the door.

"Dion, I don't have time to play today," I said grabbing the mail. "I'm stressed."

"Well.." He said leaning over the counter. "You think a nice candle lit dinner would destress you?"

"Are you asking me on a date?"

"Nah, I'm asking you to have a romantic dinner with me were I hold your hand and possibly kiss your cheek a few times. Yes woman."

I was supposed to be getting Eli back today but, I'm sure Odell wouldn't mind keeping him longer.

"Yes, I'll go on a date with you." I smirked.

"Cool," He smiled. "Just text me your address and I'll stop by to get you at 7."

We exchanged phone numbers before he left to continue his job. Mia came out from the back room and smiled at me.

"Going out on a date with Dion I see.."

"Yeah." I smiled.

"I'm surprised. You haven't dated anyone since having E."

"I know, but, I think I'm ready to start dating again."

Odell

"Destiny, you don't want anything from this store?"

I looked down at her little figure looking around.

"Yeah, I'm sure daddy." She leaned closer whispering. "They don't have good stuff in here anyway."

"Okay," I chuckled. "Let's go get some food, from the food court."

I held all her bags in my right hand also grabbing her hand and gave Dom my left hand finger to hold onto. He grabbed it with his little hand wobbling through the mall.

-

"Des, pass me a couple napkins." I mumbled watching Dom stuff his mouth with these Chik-Fil-a nuggets.