Chapter Eight: The Odds

"D-Dipper...what's happening to you?" I ask. I walk towards the log he's sitting, and held his face to look at him closely.

His eyes...they're glowing, and his birthmark as well.

"What do you mean?" He asked me curiously. I took out my phone and gave it to him to see his reflection on the camera. And his eyes suddenly widen and handed me back my phone.

"Dipper what is going on? What's happening to you?" I ask worriedly.
"No, don't come near me Pacifica." He said, hiding his face with his hands.

"But Dipper, I want to help you, tell me." I said and put a hand on his shoulder but he quickly shove it away.

He look at me, his face sweating, and the glow of his eyes and birthmark were even brighter.
"D...Don't...t-touch me..." He said.

"Dipper..."

Dipper then stand up and run away, leaving me. But I didn't let him just go without telling me what's going on. I run after him, chasing him. Shoving away branches, jumping over bushes. Good thing I'm faster than him so I take over and tackle him down.

"Dipper! Stop please, tell me what's going in!" I said. Dipper was squirming, trying to get out of my grip, good thing I learn martial arts back in California, I know how to tackle an opponent.

"Pacifica please, let me go! You don't understand!" Dipper ordered.
"No! Tell me! I won't let you go if you won't tell me!" I said fighting back.

Dipper suddenly glare at me and...

O_O??!

Dipper push me and run away. I was still dumbfounded that I wasn't able to process what just happened. Until I realised what just happened.

"I'll kill you Dipper!!"

"Wow, you look beat." Said Grunkle Stan as he drive me to school.

I wasn't able to sleep well last night. I can't get my mind out of what Dipper did. Graaaaaaaaaaah!!!

"Hey Pacifica, whoa, you look exhausted, did you sleep late last night?" Mabel came and greeted me.

I look at her and just gave her a blank expression. I can't move my lips to form a smile.

I want to tell her that it's her brother that made me look like this! Grrr! Wait till I see that Dipper!

Wait, where is Dipper?

"Where's your brother?" I ask her while looking around.
"No idea." Mabel replied. I look at her, and there's something odd about her. Was it just me? Or that she look...wicked today?

I look at her from head to toe. All blue and black, along with a glowing headband.

"Is there something wrong Pacifica?" She ask with a...smirk?
"Mabel are you okay? You seem odd today?" I ask her.

Mabel just smiled and it creeps me out.
"Oh I'm fine, very, I can even laugh all day if you would let me." She said. Okay, she's getting weird.

"No, and stop smiling, it creeps me out." I said.
"Okay." Was her reply and grab my hand, dragging me to the building where girls are surrounding something/one.

"What's going on?" I ask and walk towards the crowd, pushing aside people until Mabel and I reach the end. And I was surprised to see Dipper. He was leaning against the lockers, and there's something flying beside him, a small blue pyramid with an eye, his forehead was wrapped with bandage, and he was holding a knife.