Magical Crimes are Hard to Commit

****Haven't you always wanted to wield great power? Even if you could, the possible oversight could dampen any fun you might have, but you're creative (and su-SPEC-t) enough to circumvent any oversight

****Haven't you always wanted to wield great power? Even if you could, the possible oversight could dampen any fun you might have, but you're creative (and su-SPEC-t) enough to circumvent any oversight...!****

For weeks now, chairs have been out of place in your apartment, and one room remains particularly cold, like ice-box cold. Could be your cat moving furniture around, but the cold air is definitely the result of your ex's ghost.

Doesn't matter that you're a badass who knows their way around a spell and then some, and it certainly doesn't matter that you used a certain spell to get rid of your ex for good (hey, maybe they cheated, or you did, or they were annoying. The more awful/wonderful the scenario, the more interesting). Life, even a haunted one, would all be fine and dandy if not for the darn Council of Magic hovering over your every spell. They su-SPEC-t (okay, no more, promise) foul-play on your end, and the dark use of magic is entirely punishable by death, which is ironic for you, no? How can you keep the Council from discovering your ultra-dark secret, while also keeping the ghost of your ex on a tight, Ghostbuster-leash?