Twenty-Four

"I want to teach you a lesson in the worst kind of way still I'd trade all my tomorrow's for just one yesterday."

------- Just One Yesterday - Fall Out Boy------- 

               A shower. A real shower, not one of those in and out in two minutes things I was pretending qualified as a real shower every morning we were in the bus. No, I'd waited until well into the night, specifically when I knew everyone was asleep and now I was going to enjoy a nice quiet shower.

Two days ago Nolan and I sat on top of a moving bus and he kissed me. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't seem to clean myself from it. It wasn't as though it was a bad kiss, it wasn't as though I was disgusted by it, I just couldn't. Not with Nolan. For so many reasons. I'd avoided him as much as a person could possibly avoid someone they were sharing a living space with. It seemed necessary to keep our boundaries clear, now more than ever. We'd been through a lot and...well...I couldn't be his conquest and I couldn't give him the wrong idea.

Boundaries. We needed boundaries.

I sighed heavily. The tour might sometimes be hell but this was heavenly. I pulled all my hair to the top of my head letting the warm water assault the back of my neck I needed this. Peace. Quiet. And most importantly no-

"Nolan!" I screamed when the shower door came open abruptly. I pressed my front against the shower wall immediately to ensure he couldn't see it.

"Sup." He said casually with a yawn and stepped into the shower with me.

"Nolan James Doufer you get out of this shower this instance!" I yelled and pressed myself even further into the wall to avoid touching at all. This was not a big shower. It was designed to take up as little space as possible, the bus itself was decently sized, but for the six of us, no. This didn't work.

Even with myself pressed so far against the wall that my breasts were painfully smashed I could feel there were mere inches between us and when he moved his elbow bumped me.

He laughed, apparently thinking I wasn't be serious. "This is not a joke Nolan! I'm naked." I hissed.

"Don't flatter yourself. I've seen better."

And here it was. The most humiliating moment of my life. Hands down. And I puked in my prom date's lap at an after party I had been pressured into drinking at that nearly resulted in losing my virginity.

"Don't look!" I screeched.

"Relax baby, I've seen worse too. God this feels good." He muttered enjoying my warm water. The hot water tank on this thing was pathetic, this is precisely why I was showering in the middle of the night to avoid something like this!

"You are incorrigible!" I yelled.

"You've mentioned a time or two." He said calmly. "Come on Red. I'm filthy. It's been days."

"T-that is not my fault!"

"Yeah but seeing as you're in charge of me shouldn't you want me clean on stage?"

"Get out!" I yelled again.

"Thirty seconds."

"Nolan!"

"Thirty seconds!"

Defeated, knowing I couldn't turn around and shove him out without flaunting it all I had to cave. "I'm counting!" I warned in what I hoped was a threatening tone.