Crystal Eaton

I stand up. My shaky, small legs support my weight as I stumble over to my cabinet and check the time. 7:47am. Today, is the big day... Testing day. I will get to see which faction I truly belong in. I gaze up into the mirror. My long brown hair is in a messy bun, with a few strands falling onto my face. My sparkling blue eyes look tired, as if I hadn't gotten enough sleep.

I gently walk out of my room, and into the kitchen. There are no stairs, obviously. In dauntless, there are only apartments. I see my mum standing at the cooker, frying some eggs. "Hey mom." I say.
"Hey honey how are you?"
"I'm... I'm nervous. Big day and all."
"Don't be, you'll be fine." She says with a smile just as my dad, the 'legendary four' walks in. He strides over to me and ruffles my hair and grabs a piece of toast off the toast rack. "Were you nervous, for your test?" I anxiously ask my mother.
"No. I was absolutely terrified." She replies. I don't know why, but that brings me comfort. Knowing my mother, Tris Eaton, was in the same position as me once.

Her blonde hair is tied neatly back into a ponytail, she stands with my dad and places eggs onto a plate for me and slides them across the counter. "Thanks mom." I say and tuck into my eggs.