Still Having Hope

I know that it's been a while and in some part I have a real excuse and the other part I was just stuck and I couldn't figure out with to do with this story once again. But I think I figured it out once again thanks to @Asuna_Wolf. I hope you guys enjoy this and I'm really
thankful to all the comments that have been put in my stories and all the people who stuck with me through all my writing ups and downs. I also added a picture of Derek just in case you guys wanted to know what he looked like.

Enjoy

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

All week I had been fighting the need to go into the library and check if someone had written back. I didn't want to go too soon and see that no one had written back, which would just leave me disappointed, so I waited and tried not to think about it.

But I can't help but think about it. Honestly, it really shouldn't be the main focus of my mind right now considering I should be focusing on what my History teacher is explaining. Especially since History is definitely not my strong suit.

I just want to explode from thinking about the notebook so much.

Erin sits across from me doodling absentmindedly in her notebook, not listening to what the teacher is saying, just like I am. She notices me looking at her and she smiles at me. Erin must have noticed that something was off with me because she mouths 'Are you okay?'. I wave a hand at her telling her that I'm fine.

Then I realized that I haven't told her about the letter yet, or the mysterious person. But how do you tell someone that you wrote a letter about your sappy bitter feelings and a complete stranger wrote back. I wanted to tell someone because it was driving me nuts keeping it to myself, but I don't even know if the person is going to keep writing to me so maybe it is best if I just keep it to myself for now.

When I figure this whole thing out, then I'll tell someone. For now, it's my secret to keep.

The rest of the class period drags on for me since I'm itching to leave. Finally, the bell rings signaling that classes are finally over. I rush to put my stuff together and just as I'm about to leave, Erin catches my arm.

"What's the rush?" She asks with a curious face. "Meeting someone?"

I laugh, walking forward a bit signaling her to follow me and she does. We walk into the hall, standing off to the side of the hall and leaning against the walls. We didn't have anywhere to go since lunch was going on right now. I wasn't really in the mood to eat because of the anxious feeling that settled in my stomach like a rock. Erin would probably meet Paul after talking with me.

" I wish I was meeting someone, you know, since I'm forever alone." I say laughing a bit again. She shakes her head at me with a playful smile.

" Darn. I had real hope there that you were going to meet a certain someone, preferably Dylan. " I groaned. Of course, she would hope I was meeting with Dylan

"I know you are like the captain of our ship or whatever, but I'm sorry to tell you that our ship has crashed and burned. There is no reviving it." I say seriously. I don't think me and Dylan will ever be together at this point. We have lost our connection and there is really no mending it. Or at least I thought so; Erin clearly did not.

"A girl can dream." Erin doesn't just dream, she shot for the stars. Dylan and I are a thing of the past, so is my crush on her. I hope our friendship is not though. I still want that. I gave up on my crush a long time ago, but that doesn't mean I give up on being her friend.

" Obviously. Why don't you dream of Caroline for me." Caroline is be the ideal girl for me while Dylan is like a fairy tale you know isn't real or doesn't come true.