Chapter 19

"You're joking, right?"

       "Why would I joke about this?"

       A smirk plastered on his face. I turned around, fearing the worse when I saw Kai's eyes fixed on something behind me. That something was Aaiden, and he was heading towards us with his brows furrowed, looking awfully confused.

        "Grab your popcorn Aaiden, because—"

         I panicked and shot my hand forward, pushing Kai out the door. He lost his balance for a half a second when the door slammed shut. I was about to grab his shoulder, but he managed to catch himself in the end.

       His eyes narrowed into slits. "What was that for?"

       "I didn't want you talking to Aaiden."

        "So you decided to shove me instead?"

         I shrugged. "Well...you were in the way, and I needed to close the door." His rage seemed pointless to me. It wasn't like I shoved him to the point that he fell. It was only a slight tap to the chest.

         His jaw clenched. "You could've just asked—"

          "—Aubrey?" My hands closed around the doorknob, hearing Aaiden's voice. "Aubrey," he called again. I felt the doorknob turning. "Is everything okay?"

          My stomach shifts uneasily. "Everything's fine! I just need to talk to Kai in private for a minute..." I trailed off as I stammered, keeping my hands on the handle. I was clutching it with all my might, and it was still fucking turning. God. How strong is Aaiden?

         "Oh...okay."

         A continuous noise sounded against the ground as he allowed his footsteps to echo off the apartment's walls. Once the sound subsided, I glanced back at Kai to see him rolling his eyes at me.

        "You should've told him."

         "And you need to leave, now."

         "Don't wanna." He rested his body on the adjacent wall with a face of utter nonchalance. "I told you, I'm helping Aaiden."

            "How is watching porn going to help him with anything?"

             In an instant, his mouth hung open with his lips parted slightly and his eyes wide open. "Um, what part of porn do you not understand? Aaiden needs to learn how to kiss someone, and this is going to teach him everything he needs to know."

           "But, it's porn. He's not going to be fucking your sister!"

           "Well with that attitude he won't be."

           "He won't be, period," I spat each maliciously, punctuated word slowly. "So, goodbye."

           "Oh come on." He groaned when my hand touched the doorknob. "Don't you think he'll thank us for introducing him to the glorious world of—"

            "Don't you dare finish that fucking sentence." I whipped around and jabbed him in the chest. "Unlike you, Aaiden doesn't need to be exposed to that kind of garbage to learn how to kiss someone."

          "Then how the hell is he going to learn?" He squinted at me through hardened eyes. "My sister has very high expectations and being a good kisser is one of them. You do want them together, don't you?" he questioned, staring into my eyes. I could feel him searching deep into my soul for the answer. I looked away. As if he could find it there.