Chapter 1

(AN: this takes place when Jensen and Maria are in their twenties)

Maria" Jensen whispered as he shook his girlfriend awake. "Maria I heard something." He said, as anxiety pushed through his brain.
"Jensen calm down its just the cat." Maria assured him, but as she rolled over she saw the cat lying beside their bed on the ground. Just then, they heard a loud crash coming from downstairs. They both jumped, startled by the sudden noise. But Jensen stood slowly, "Stay here Maria, okay?" He asked his worried girlfriend.
"No! Jensen what if you get hurt?" Maria defended stubbornly,
"Then you lock the door and call the police. Understand?" Maria nodded, although she was terrified of the idea of Jensen getting hurt.
The floor creaked as Jensen walked to the door, he turned back to Maria quickly and said, "It's okay." Before sneaking out the bedroom door.
As he walked down the stairs he listened intently, he heard floor boards creaking from what he guessed was the living room. He slipped into the kitchen and hurriedly tip-toed to the silverware drawer. The metals clanked against each other as he opened the drawer nervously and reached for a knife. His fingers closed around the handle of a serrated steak knife and he began walking quickly to the living room.
Maria sat in their bed, shaking with nerves. When she heard silverware rattling her anxiety got the best of her. She ran to the door, threw it open and rushed downstairs, stopping at the bottom. Even as her heart raced she poked her head into the kitchen; she saw Jensen holding a knife defensively. His eyes were fixed on something.
Jensen looked into the living room, he saw a figure although he wasn't sure what it was. The figure was moving slightly, as though it was breathing. Jensen edged closer to it, ready to defend himself. Suddenly the thing moved, Jensen now saw that it was a man. The man looked Jensen straight in the eye and flashed a toothy grin. Jensen was struck with fear when he saw that the mans teeth were all pointed at the ends, and the mans pupils were merely slants. He hardy hesitated before plunging the knife into the creature, which let out a cry of struggle before clutching onto Jensen's hand and bringing its face close to his. Without a word the creature smiled again, and fell to the floor.