Part 7- She's Not Afraid

A/N: This is dedicated to Ruby911 for waiting so eagerly and making me want to write more. Thank you for being so amazing and I hope you love it! :) xx

SYDRIAN'S POV

I saw Adrian in my periphery heading towards me, where I was waiting near my beloved car.

He looked at me inquisitively 'Why aren't you waiting inside, it's freezing out here? They say there's going to be a wind storm today.'

'Since when do you watch the morning news?' I said with raised eyebrows.

'Since they got a hot weather girl. Blonde hair, amber eyes, sort of looks like you.' he managed to say suppressing a laugh.

'Let’s just hope that wind storm doesn’t come now. We better head back to Palm Springs now, we had to be back by 5, it’s 5 o’clock now. We’re already late, and I doubt Jill can stall Zoe for any longer.'

I held up the car keys in my hand for Adrian to reach.

'Wait, you're letting my drive my own car. What happened to the Sydney I used to know?' he countered with a mischievous grin.

'Well, I thought you could drive. It's been a big day for you and driving always helps me clear my head, so here you go' I said urging him to take the keys, dangling them in the air. If he waited any longer and made me look at the bright color, or leather interior for another second I would have to reconsider.

He grabbed the keys from my hand and walked over to my side of the seat and opened the door for me. I was astonished but also kind of impressed. Ivashkov men were all about honour, weren't they?

Adrian took a seat in the driver's place and started out on the route back home, winding down country roads. While I was waiting for Adrian I quickly checked in on the group again.

Adrian couldn't get the smile off his face for most part of the ride, but started turning grim again. I tried to change the subject to get his mind off things.

'Um, how's your latest piece for art class going? The other day when I saw it, it was looking pretty good.'

Adrian began passionately talking about his art and his idea of mixing the warm colours for the setting with watercolors. Sage, have you ever thought about self portraits?'

'Of course, self portraits date back to the 15th century. One of the first self portraits made was by Jan Van Eyck named 'Man with Turban' in 1433, which received little criticism but was followed by many artists and sculptors replicating this artistic idea.'

'Woah' he said in between laughs 'I meant, have you ever thought of being a model for me, so I could maybe paint you, if you let me?'

'What? Me? Adrian you're amazing at what you do, but even watercolours aren't going to make a portrait of me get you an A ----'

The car swayed and Adrian grabbed hold of the steering wheel tightly and I brought myself closer to him. The moment only lasted for a couple minutes and Adrian swerved the car into a post on the side of the road. From the front screen, I could see the wind blowing on the trees hungrily and signs being swished across the earth. People were raised in havoc and Adrian and I turned to each other checking if we were okay. I scanned Adrian's body for any scars or bleeding and I could tell he was doing the same.

‘Sydney, your forehead.’  My hand instantly reached up and I found blood on my fingertips.

‘I’m okay, don’t worry. Just go see what happened.’

‘But Sydney-‘

‘The tattoo will heal me and some aspirin will too. I’ll be okay just find out what happened.’