ένατος

{Present Day}

                                                             Point of View:

                                                     ]]Prometheus (a Titan)[[

#########################################################################################################################################

I drown my cereal in milk as I unfold the newspaper, skipping the news straight to the job listings. I just got fired-again- and that does not bode well when you're barely scraping by on rent as it is. I scan the listings as I eat my breakfast, not really finding much of anything.

One knock at my front door pulls me away from it.

I don't move, simply scraping the bottom of my breakfast bowl to get the few cheerios that have managed to hide down below.

Another knock. And then two more.

I raise my eyebrows and get up. But instead of going to the door, I enter the kitchen. I grab another mug from the cabinet and fill it to the brim with coffee, and pull out some food from the fridge. I dump it on the table and wait a few more seconds.

Four more knocks.

I nod, and go to unlock the door. My friendships with a lot people makes it important we have codes. That's the code for "I need help."

If he had signaled five knocks on the end instead of four, it would be, "Someone's after you, get out now."

I open the door, and blink approximately seven times. I had assumed it was one of my best friends, not this man standing in front of me. 

I haven't seen him in hundreds of years.

Not since we got punished-basically around the same time.

He smiles sheepishly, "Hey."

I run a hand haphazardly through my hair. "Why- I mean what- how?"

This guy used to be my best friend. We used to plan pranks on the gods together. He and I were like brothers with how close we were. And then one day, we both went too far. I defied Zeus majorly, and he... well I've heard stories. Not that I believe them. He loved that boy.

He looks past me into my place and asks, "Can I come in?"

I nod-still in disbelief- and open the door enough for him to come in. "There's coffee and food," I manage to say as he makes his way to the table.

I sit down across from him and jsut watch him as he begins to butter a biscuit. "So..."

He looks up, "I assumed you knew I was out?"

I shake my head slowly.

He pauses buttering the bread for a moment, "Huh. I figured they would've sent something out to let people know."

I shrug, "My internet's been down for days. How did you.... escape?"

He points the butter knife at me, "I could ask you the same thing."

I rub my forehead, a migraine already beginning to sprout, "How did you find me?"

He takes a sip of the coffee, "It was easy, really. It's hard to hide a trickster."

I raise an eyebrow, "Which is why you can't stay here. They'll find you. You're just like me. If you could find me, they'll find you."

He purses his lips, "Once upon a time you would've done anything for me."