Chapter 20

Word count: 4700+

Michael's P.O.V:

"Cheers for brother Michael!"

The sound of bottles clinking together filled the room and the loud cheering of the guys made me roll my eyes, but still, I pulled a satisfied smile on my face, remembering what we are actually 'celebrating'.

I didn't really do anything to 'punish' the guys about keeping secrets from me. Instead, we gathered in Calum's house for a round of beers, including Luke.

I told them about how I spent the previous two days together with Kris, but I left out the details. Today she had to go to work and our lazy days came to an end, meaning I had to hang out with the guys and face them. I'm still a bit hesitant for not being there with her, but as soon as we arrived to the café, she shooed me out, saying that Ethan will be there with her and that nothing bad would happen.

I felt uneasy for having to leave her there, especially after we spent the past two days together. Both of us were too lazy to leave her apartment and we were watching movies, while munching on pizza slices all day long. I guess everything is easier now that the both of us are aware of the feelings we share and I can't explain how relieved I am. And I sure as hell can't explain how I became such a softie.

I thought that I'm moving on with things too soon, but then again, I've been living in oblivion and sorrow for the past 2 years and I'm sick and tired of the misery I've put myself in. Even though I still miss and love Celeste like crazy, it took me this long to realize that I should move on, like Calum had told me then and take a chance to discover these new feelings.

"So," Harry punched me playfully in the shoulder and then took a swig of his beer "everything is cool now, right?"

I nodded and half smiled at him, earning a pat on the shoulder by Ashton. "Our boy has found himself a girlfriend!"

"Guys, guys!" I spoke up for the first time "We're not... dating."

"But you will" Calum smirked and winked at me. "if not now, then soon enough."

"I'm still mad at you" I pointed a finger in Calum's direction, making him roll his eyes at me, but maintained a slight smile, knowing that I was partly joking. "Anyways, what are you guys getting so hyped about?" I asked them and knitted my eyebrows.

"We just like it how you and Kris fit each other perfectly. That's it." Harry commented and shrugged his shoulders. My attention averted towards Luke, who had a very displeasing look on his face and escaped every single attempt of communication the guys started with him. I guess someone is not feeling comfortable about the situation. Perhaps his only aim was to separate Kristen and I, but that didn't go too well.

"You do realize that everything will change once you get involved more seriously with her?" I heard Dave speak. Dave has been a member of the gang for a long time now. He's the oldest one in our group and has a younger brother named Arthur, who joined us about 5 months ago. He doesn't say much though, which is very weird to me and ignites a spark of suspect to appear within me, but I guess time will show it all.

"What are you getting at?" I asked confusedly.

"Listen Mike," he exhaled and rubbed his eyes "we must not allow to have weak sides and Kristen is definitely beginning to become your Achilles heel. I thought you knew this better than I do."

"Does that mean that I have to live in agony and grief for the rest of my life?" I snapped, already feeling my mood worsening.

"It's not what I meant Michael, what I wanted to say was- do you want to get her involved in this gang life and bring her life in danger-"