Chapter 30: Another surprise???

ALEX POV:

It's been about two months since my crazy marriage with Ian ended. My relationship with Richard is still here. It is not bad but not good either. He has gotten kind but his treats are still going.

Mom is better now with everything. She quit her job at the restaurant bar and works with disabled kids at the recreational center downtown.

I am thinking on working but I want to attend college. Yet I don't feel like studying anymore especially because Richard gives me anything. My old self is slowly disappearing.

...

I am at the airport. Richard is coming for a visit with Johnny. I need to talk to my brother. I need to know he will be okay if I leave Richard.

I see them in a large crowd of people. Johnny quickly runs to me and hugs me tight. "missed you so much. I need to tell you so many things," he whispers in my ear.

Richard shortly comes and hugs me. "Hi Alexandra. I hope you are doing well."

I smile, "yeah thanks. I am super glad my brother is here. Thanks for letting him come."

"No problem, besides I need a bodyguard. I am doing some business with old friends in your city," he answers.

"Okay, well let's go."

...

We arrive to my house. Mom invades Johnny's face with so many kisses. He looks like if he has the chicken pox.

"Oh mijo,  I missed you. How are you?" mom asks.

"Okay," Johnny lightly smiles.

We all sit in the living room. Johnny sits with my mom and Richard with me.

"Your son has something to tell you." Richard randomly says.

I turn to my brother, "what?"

"Yeah what sweetie? Are you in trouble?" mom asks.

Johnny shakes his head no. "Well maybe but I'll be okay."

"Tell me," mom says.

Johnny looks at Richard with so much fear then back at mom. "I got a girl pregnant."

What??? Whoa whoa! Wait!

Mom's eyes go wide, "Que? Who? why are you so stupid? No condoms or what?"

"No mom just," Johnny sighs.

Richard looks at me, "you were right Alex."

"About what?"

"I am going to be a grandfather."

"What do you mean?" Mom and I ask.

Richard smiles evilly, "Johnny knocked up my daughter Jennifer. She is two months pregnant."

Mom slaps Johnny, "are you serious? I told you I didn't want you to be playing around! Do you even take her serious?"

"I do! But we didn't mean to be parents!"

Richard stands, "they are getting married in September. My daughter won't be a single mother."

Mom stands as well, "what? No. My son is not marrying your daughter. He doesn't love her enough-"

"I do! I love her but-"

"But nothing Johnny," mom yells, "She isn't good for you. You aren't good for her."

"why?" I ask . "why mom? Don't you want us to marry someone who is in the high class-"

"Shut up," she says, "I know I said I want the best for you both but," she turns to Johnny and cups his face, "I've seen the way you both interact. I know you love her but she doesn't. She may like you but she wont be a good wife to you."