My eyes snapped up to stare at him when the thought fluttered through my mind. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head slowly. No other words needed spoken.

I finished stripping the bed in silence with slightly shaky hands trying to remind myself of Nolan's intentions. I hired you to break you. When Nolan called out from the bathroom asking what he should wear I knew he was referring to. Should he dress like he normally would? Ripped jeans and ugly boots? Or should he dress like a nice little gentleman.

"Dress like Nolan."

**

I sat down on the bench in the hallway and took my phone out. I'd been stuck on this stupid Candy Crush level for days and now that the show was over, Nolan had survived a rather, deflated performance, it was time for me to play my games while he provided a different kind of performance.

You know the one where he picks a girl at random and sticks his fanango in her jango.

"What are you doing?"

I looked up quickly and my phone slipped from my hand, I made a quick grab at it with my other hand, it bounced from one hand to the other a few more times before hitting the floor regardless of my attempts to grab it. "N-Nolan, Christ you scared me. What are you doing out here?"

He bent over to pick my phone up, wiped the screen off on his pants before handing it back to me. "Are you ready to go?"

"Go?"

"Yeah? On the road? To the next town? For the next show?"

"But...I mean...you just finished."

He stuffed his hand into his pockets. "Yeah. I did."

"But...I mean..." There was no classy way to put this. I couldn't discreetly ask him if he wanted to bang a random girl from the audience, I couldn't just come out with it. I cleared my throat. "Did you forget protection or something? Because I have some in my purse, I thought I left one in there-"

"What?"

"Uh-" My face warmed up. I was so not good about talking about the whole...intercourse thing. I was modest, so sue me. "Girls?"

"Oh."

"Eh, yeah...aren't you going to...you know."

"Not unless you're offering."

"Nolan James!" I gasped and he laughed. He offered me his hand and I didn't take it. Not after that comment.

"I told you Carter. I would prove I could change if you stayed."

"I told you." I said softly before accepting his hand. "I can't stay."

**

I found as the week progressed Nolan got better every day. He was irritable, even by Nolan standards which were pretty high, he was not exactly a bundle of sunshine but as time went on he seemed a little less satanic, even by Nolan standards. After the first three days he seemed to be a bit more interested in food again, and even though he wasn't sleeping still, as the week progressed he seemed to be slightly less exhausted.