Chapter 7: Runaway.

Picture of what Ryuan Russo is imagined like

Chapter 7 – RUNAWAY

I sat at my desk in my science class as the teacher talked about chemistry and more things I didn't never really understood. As Ms. Cabana's chalk smacked the board with vigorous curves I yawned. Suddenly her quick hand movements slowed and just as I thought she would turn towards me to scold me about me not paying attention, she froze. Completely.

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around to look at the classroom. I suddenly felt like I had shrunk in my seat as my class mates stood up. They all had their arms crossed and they seemed to be staring at me?

"Guys?" I questioned when I noticed the cold gleam in their eyes.

They said nothing in response but seemed to have groan even bigger. I turned my head back to Ms. Cabana who seemed to still be frozen. A person in the crowd moved to the front and stood in front of me.

"Vicky!" A person shifted next to her, "Deena!" I sighed with relief, "I'm so glad you guys are here—" I paused when I noticed the looks on their faces and I suddenly felt wary, "is there...is there something wrong?"

Vicky raised one of her perfectly plucked eyebrows at me and Deena crossed her arms over her jacket, "Something wrong?" Vicky scoffed.

"There is something wrong," Deena confirmed and I turned towards her curiously, wanting to know what the problem was and why everyone was acting so...strange. "And you're that something. You're what's wrong."

My eyes widen, "M-Me?" I stuttered

"Yes, we don't want to hang out with you anymore."

I turned my head to the new voice, my heart nearly stopping in my throat when I saw Russo. I slumped my shoulders and gave him a look of confusion. Not him too... This was just getting worse and worse and I couldn't even make it any better.

"Why not?" I asked

"Because you were going to leave us," I turned to Jakob

"No, I wasn't!" I gasped

Deena narrowed her eyes at me, "So you're saying you weren't 'bout to move?"

"I was but—"

"And you weren't going to even tell us."

I jumped from my seat but my form shrunk in size as I attempted to get their attention. "I was going to tell you but I'm moving in a week and—"

"I see how our friendship is."

"You suck Shavannah."

"We didn't really like you that much anyway."

My heart broke bit by bit as they all shot me down. I looked at my friends' faces and I nearly wanted to cry. They were my friends Deena Lee Dawson, Victoria Rohn Grace, Liam Jackson, Ian Jackson, Bea Nelson, Jakob Falan and the one whose been with me through thick and thin, Ryuan Russo. Never did I ever expect my only friends in the world to throw me away like this.

"You're not welcome here anymore, so why don't you just go away."

I was alone now.

...

I had woken up late for school. The clock told me in big bright red numbers it was 7:38 am. School started at 7:45 am. I had seven minutes to shower, get dressed, have breakfast and get a ride to school. Seven frickkin minutes. I was never going to make it.