Chapter 9 : No More Games.

29 days, 6 hours, 10 mintues, 4 seconds.

That's how long it had been.

He wasn't answering her calls, DM's, or texts.

What the hell is this ?

She had just clocked in and made her way to the hospital. Her morning consisted of training soon to be nurses and monitoring her station.

"Nurse Smith, Mr.Watson would like to see you. He's just been moved to Floor C, room 216." One of her co workers told her.

She went to the room and knocked.

"How are we doing today Sunny?" She asked the elderly man.

"Cant complain." He said cheerfully.

Mr.Watson also known as 'sunny' had stage 4 lung cancer.

She had known this man for years, he was like a father to her. He and his wife had'nt had any kids of their own so they took me in when I moved here three years ago.

"How's my little girl?" He asked.

"Im doing good Sunny." She smiled, sitting beside him.

"I mean it baby doll, how are you." He said before going into a coughing fit.

Dayla wiped his mouth and then held his hand.

"Im good Sunny." She lied again.

"Dayla, dont lie to me. I can tell when you are. Tell me what's wrong." He asked.

It took everything in her body not to break down right there.

"It's this guy. He and I we're hitting off after I stopped being a hardass and then he just dropped me. I ceased to exist in his life. I dont know what I did, but he's not answering my calls, my text-" She started.

"Stop." He said.

"Find him. Text him again, Call him again. Do whatever it takes. He needs to see your effort." Sunny said.

Dayla nodded, and squeezed his hand.

"I would give anything to get my Rosie back." He added.

"Thank you Sunny." She whispered, getting up and kissing his head.

...........................................

A/N : Will Dayla and Dustin ever find each other again ? COMMENT !