Moriarty: Nursery Nightmare

Request for @chaos-shy

~

You tugged your eyes open to the half lit room. The lamp was on next to your bed, and you wiped away the sleep from your eyes. Instinctively, you reached your hand into the mobile crib, attempting to feel your newborn son's warmth, but there was none. You sat up, realizing Jim wasn't in the room either. Your newly founded motherly instincts pushed you out of bed, ignoring the soaring pain in your abdomen. You slid your feet across the floor to the door, and peeked out into the illuminated hallway. Far down the hall you recognized a figure, and you took the first step towards him.

When you had finally reached him, he didn't notice your presence. His eyes were glued onto the glass, well what was on the other side really. Your son, Jameson, lay on the other side. For being a newborn, he was surprisingly alert. He stared back his father, both of them sharing the same intent gaze.

"I can already tell he looks a lot like you," you commented quietly, leaning into Jim for support. He broke from what appeared to be a trance, and looked over you worriedly.

"You shouldn't be out here. You should be in bed, resting," he scolded. But you knew he wasn't mad. There was a glimmer in his eyes, a loving look. He blinked once at you, deeply, like a cat would to signal it's love for you, then he eyed Jameson again, with pride this time. "He thinks like me too, I can already tell."

"How?" you asked, half joking. Jameson was barely a day old, but Jim gave you a serious look. 

"I can tell. He knows how to manipulate the nurses already, he knows how to get what he wants. I can see it, the blood lust already in his eyes," he said, fiery passion rising in his voice with every word. You had ignored what he said, instead, clinging your eyes onto him, observing him. He hadn't slept in days. He had been killing restlessly, leaving for many hours, then coming home and locking himself in his office doing who knows what for many more hours. When you had been cutting up some vegetables and you felt the, almost warm, liquid running down your leg, you screamed his name once. He was by your side in a second, already having scooped up the bags you had packed days earlier. He led you out the door, all the while planting endless kisses all over your face and smiling more than you had seen him do in weeks. Now, his brown eyes were drooping at the ends, like he could've fallen asleep right there standing up. His clothes were disheveled, but smelled as good as they did when he first put them on. His hair stood up in all directions, and it looked darker in this lighting. You don't know how long you were staring at him for, but an arm wrapped around you and pulled you close. You rested your head and you both stood there, staring in at your bundle of innocent darkness. 

A nurse entered the nursery and walked straight towards Jameson. She picked him up and changed his diaper. You watched her handle your son, meanwhile thinking of everything you would, and could, do to her if he started crying. I wonder where they keep their drawer of knives, you thought as you heard little Jameson start to fuss. When she finished, she placed him lightly on another mobile crib and wheeled him out the door that was 2 feet away from you. You moved towards your son once he was wheeled out the door, but a stab of pain shot up your body, and you leaned on Jim for support.

"What are you doing out of bed?" the nurse asked you.

"I just wanted to see my son," you breathed heavily, trying to ignore the ache that reverberated through you whole body. 

"Well I was just taking him back to your room. I put him in the nursery so you could get some sleep." You nodded, then closed your eyes and leaned on Jim. He walked, well more like carried, you back to the room and once there you collapsed on the bed. The nurse asked if you needed anything, and Jim, who could tell you were annoyed by her constant presence, shut the door in her face. You laughed.

"Thank you," you sighed. Jim didn't say anything, just scooped up Jameson from his crib and carried him over to you. You held out your arms to receive him, but Jim shook his head, then motioned for you to scoot over. You were glad really, your arms felt like spaghetti. He sat down next to you and kissed your forehead. You rested your head on his shoulder and started stroking your son's beautiful bald head. He stared up at the pair of you, his eyelids growing more heavily as the time passed. Eventually his dark eyes disappeared into a peaceful and his breathing became even. 

"I'm not one for sentimental moments that don't involve blood," whispered Jim, now catching your eye and smiling at you, "but this is kind of nice too."

A/N

Happy Mother's Day!

Unless it's not happy, then Mother's Day!

(Lol my jokes get worse and worse each day)

I realized as I was sitting in church today that EVERYONE has two moms - one who birthed them and one who raised them. Sometimes they are the same person and sometimes not. I hope that you guys, regardless of whatever your situation is, has a great day today. And if you struggle in your relationship with your mom, know that your wattpad mama (ahem, ME) loves you so much and is proud of who you are and what you do, no matter what!

(Topic change)

So I lost my pencil pouch last Monday and I'm in tears for many reasons

1) It had ALL of my pens and highlighters that I use for my planner to color code and such (Yes I'm one of those people)

2) (The more important reason) IT HAD ALL OF THESE REALLY EMBARRASSING NOTES BETWEEN MY BEST FRIEND AND I 

And like one of our staff (Yes I have about 3 staff members at our school actively looking for it; Yes it is that serious) asked me why it's so important and I said that I need the notes inside of there and he was like "Is it for a boy?" and I wanted to be like "UMM NO IT'S ABOUT A BOY, WELL MORE LIKE MULTIPLE MEN, BY THE NAMES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES, BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH AND GRUPERT GRAVESTRADE" but instead I laughed and was like "No it has all my great ideas in it" which isn't technically a lie because a lot were just about writing I think and about random stuff about the boys. 

So yeah.

That's all I have for now.

Hope to see ya soon fools

Laterz