Two

I woke up on a couch. Half of my vision was dark and the other half light. My eyes focused and the two things came into focus, a bird and a girl. The bird was a Raven, and the girl looked to be around ten. She had short blond hair and was wearing a large sweater, her dark eyes seemed larger than they should've been.
Still somewhat dazed I looked to the Raven. It was so still that I thought it was stuffed, but then it blinked. I let out a gasp and sat up quickly. The Raven and the girl both skittered back away from me.
Did the girl have hooves? Before I could get a good look, someone else walked in. A boy, or man he looked to be around eighteen. He was scary looking.
His pale face was sharp and his hair was shaved down to an army cut. He wore various shades of black and had a bunch of worn leather bracelets on one of his wrists.
He regarded me wearily from the doorframe, I ducked my head and felt my cheeks grow warm.
The Raven and the girl both moved toward the boy.
A moment later, another boy joined the first one in the doorway.
The second boy was nicer looking. He had sandy brown hair, high cheekbones and sunken eyes. He was thin and wore a tee shirt and shorts.
He exchanged a glance with the sharp looking one and then took a step toward me.
I swallowed.
"I'm Adam." He said, he sounded like he was from the States "Can you tell me your name?"
I blinked at him, should I really tel a stranger my name? Maybe only my first name.
"Millicent." I said, acutely aware of how different my voice sounded next to his.
Adam glanced to the sharp one, who now had the Raven perched on his shoulder.
"That's Ronan." Adam said, taking another step toward me, then carefully sitting on the opposite end on the couch.
I quickly pulled my knees up to my chest and hugged them.
"How old are you?" Ronan asked
I ducked my head, this was weird. "Sixteen."
"Great, Adam. Now we're going to be charged with kidnapping a minor." Ronan said.
"Shut up." Adam answered to Ronan, then he turned back to me. "Your accent, I can tell your not from around here. Where are you from?"
I swallowed again. The boys seemed to hold their breath. "Ireland."
Adam exchanged another glance with Ronan.
"Where am I?"
"Henrietta, Virginia." Adam answered
"In the states?"
He nodded once. The room went silent. The little blond girl spoke one word, "Cabeswater." She then pointed to Ronan, she defiantly had hooves instead of feet.
Adam turned to Ronan, "You were working on Cabeswater?"
Ronan nodded curtly.
Adam looked back to me. "We're you messing around with a Ley Line?"
I shook my head...what was a Ley Line?
"I was hiking." I said, my voice sounding fragile.
Adam and Ronan shared another glance.
"Let's take her to Fox Way." Ronan said
Adam nodded and stood. I stayed.
"Will you come somewhere with us?" Adam asked
I shook my head.
Ronan rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, making him even more intimidating.
"Sargent and Gansey should be here soon, they'll be able to help with this urchin." Ronan said to Adam.
"Your not helping." Adam shot back, before he could say anything else I cut in.
"Did you say Gansey? As in Richard Campell Gansey?"
Adam and Ronan both sharply looked to me.
"How do you know him?" Ronan demanded, his face growing darker than before.
I cowered and ducked my head.
"H...He kn...knows my f..father." I stuttered. "My father's a historian."
Adam and Ronan both relaxed.
The sound of footsteps suddenly echoed through the house. A moment later two more people joined the room.
One was a very short girl with short dark hair in a ponytail, she wore a boxy t-shirt and shorts with socks pulled up past her knees. The other one was a boy I remembered from a couple years ago. He wore a green polo and chinos, his shoes were the same looking top-Siders that he'd worn back then.
"Hey, what's up." Richard-as I knew him-said. Neither he nor the girl seemed to notice me at first. Then they did.
"Who's this?" The girl said, stepping forward. The closer she got, the better I could see a very thin scar that stretched from her eyebrow to her cheek. It was hardly noticeable.
"Millicent." Richard said, before anyone else could. The girl looked at him in surprise. "You're Millicent right?" He asked.
I nodded.
"I met her father in Ireland, on one of my trips, he was pretty helpful with some information about Glendower." He explained to the girl.
"Ok." She said, "what's she doing here?"
Everyone looked to me. I ducked my head. When I didn't answer, the girl and Richard looked to Ronan.
"I was working on Cabeswater, and she just appeared out of nowhere." He explained , saying the word 'working' with an emphasis.
"Do you know what happened?" The girl said, turning back to me.
I shook my head.
"We were trying to get her to come to Fox Way, but she refused to get up."
The girl looked to Adam and Ronan with a disgusted look on her face.
"I'd hope she'd have some doubts about getting into a vehicle with two boys she's never seen before."
She turned to me with a kind look on her face. "Millicent, I'm Blue."