20

Marcel's POV

The cries of our son woke us up.
"Get some rest, I'll go," he whispered to Nyasha as she let out a sigh of thanks as she closed her eyes.
Grabbing a bottle he warmed it up as he gently spoke the little Mario thus stopping him from fussing. Feeding him, changing his diaper he put him in his bed before heading back to bed.

Waking up he felt at peace as he watched her sleep.
"My name is Nyasha Martins. I killed my father after he sold me to my uncle for a bottle of bear. Got thrown out of my home, our home by people I thought were family. My brother killed my uncle the day he raped me. Papa saved us and took us in, giving us an education as we became the children he never had. My brother and I excelled in everything we did, such that the connections papa had became wider enabling us to become stronger than any other mafia family," she said as he intently stared at her as she opened her eyes.

Looking at her he realized just exactly who she was. A simple name that wielded so much power in their world.
"Martins," he said as she waited for him to say more, but he didn't.
"I married an alpha of all mafias," he smirked making her smile shyly.
"I am no alpha, papa and Neil are. I am just...me," she said.
"Well I love you just the way you are."

"No more games or secrets," she said resting her hand on his cheek.
"No more," he said placing a kiss on her forehead.
"We have a little problem," she murmured as she lay on his chest.
"I know, I have men looking into it," he said as she sat up.

"The boys you sent to the shipping yard are already dead," she said looking angry which baffled him since only 30 minutes had passed since he had given them the go ahead. "Whoever is doing this carefully planned out everything but they made one mistake," she said with a smile.
"What mistake is that?"
"They kept the delivery boy alive," she said as he looked confused.
"My men questioned him."
"Yes your men did. But my team didn't," she smiled as he wondered exactly what she meant.

-----

"Please brother take care of him, I need to clear this little mess," she said handing over Mario to Neil. "One week is all I need."
"I will protect him with my own life sister. Do not worry about him one bit. Go and show them that no one touches the head of a cobra," he said in a hard tone as she smiled at him giving him a slight nod.

"Come let us leave," he said gently taking her hand.
As soon as she boarded his plane she was greeted by warm smiles. Everyone seemed to be relieved to see her.

"What did you do?" She inquired casually as she took her seat.
"Nothing," he said confused as drinks were brought in for them.

She remained silent afterwards. But theirs was a comfortable silence as he kept her hand in his whilst he worked sorting through some emails.

-------

Arriving at his office everyone kept starring at her, some showing relief others looking like they would die on the spot after seeing him.
"What exactly did you do?"
"Well the thing is. Whilst you were away things might have gotten a little intense in my life."
"What he is trying to say is that he was biting off heads and everyone was scared beyond measure," Alex said walking into the office.

"Is that right sweetheart?" She enquired as Marcel looked like he had been caught stealing sugar from the jar.
"Well, I...You weren't there," he said looking away from her.
She gently turned his head before whispering into his ear, "I'm sorry, that will never happen again," leaving him speechless. "I best be leaving. Have a party to attend this evening," she said with a playful smirk.

------

"So you survived?" Alex said with a wide smile.
"I did indeed," Marcel smiled.
"Just don't mess this up ever again."
"I don't ever plan on doing that. With the resources she has, she will definitely disappear from the face of this earth," he said in a serious tone.