Chapter 4

Riley's Pov

So, not too long after Lucas left he texted me. He said, "Riley there is something I need to tell you. I love you. A lot. And I would really love it if you would be my girlfriend. So will you be my girlfriend."

Of course, I was a little shocked by the text, so I didn't know what to say. I thought about it. And I would really love it if I was his girlfriend. Now it was about 11 p.m. He was probably asleep, but I would text him my answer anyway.

"Lucas I would love to be your girlfriend."

I put my phone on the charger got ready for bed. My phone beeped just as I had crawled into bed. I reached over to grab my phone. Hoping it was from Lucas, but unfortunately, it wasn't.

I can't believe you, Riley Matthews, think you have a chance with a guy as nice and good looking as Lucas. Do you really think he likes you? If you do your funny. Honestly, he only feels sorry for you, that's why he is being nice to you. Anyway, if I see you near him you will be so sorry that you were.

I could feel my eye's stinging with tears. I rolled over and started to cry. I ended up crying myself to sleep.

--------------------

Lucas's Pov

Riley has been really quiet today. She looks and me and I smile, but she doesn't smile back. She has kinda been avoiding me. I don't think I did anything wrong.

Our morning classes passed and know it was lunch time. I walked in and immediately started to look for my friends.I saw Maya, Zay, and Farkle. I started to walk towards them, but Missie stepped in my way.

"Hey Lucas.." she said in a very flirtatious way.

"Hi" I said showing no interest.

"So I was wondering if you wanted to catch a movie tonight."

"Um... Sorry, I can't Riley and I are going to hang out." I said still looking for her.

"Oh okay, maybe some other time."

"Yeah maybe," I said and walked away.

I walked over to Maya, Zay, and Farkle. "Hey have you guys seen Riley?"

"No he has been kinda avoiding us all day." Maya said.

"Yeah same here. I wonder what's going on with her."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- sorry its short but its something. Anyway, I will try to update soon!

Read, Comment , Vote