Chapter Twenty

And that was that. My heart broke for the millionth time. I wasn't worried about Paul anymore, or Carson, or Trey. Trent told them, He told them everything. He told them things that I couldn't even get out to Cassiopia without starting to cry. It was nothing to him. I'm not sure if it ever was anything to him.

"Luke, I...", Taylor began. I shake my head and open the door, motioning for him to just leave. "Okay, I'll go. If you promise to not post the article. Luke you have to understand that it's dangerous! Why can't you get that through your mind? You're being selfish!". I scoff and shove him back hard.

"I'm being selfish? I have nothing to live for except this job! Let them come for me. I'm not risking my last chance of happiness for someone like you. Get out of my f*cking apartment. Now", I say, my voice just over a hushed whisper. I was sick of being everyone's bitch. I wasn't going to go back to how it was.

Then he left. He didn't say another thing, just walked out the door. I decided then it was time to go back and lay in bed. I'd say sleep but let's get real, my eyes wouldn't even begin to close. So that's what I did. Laid there until my clock went off, signaling that I should get up.

I didn't have work today so I had plans on just cleaning up around the house. I was in no mood to get up and go anywhere. I wasn't afraid to, I just didn't feel like it. So, I sent in my draft to the editor and started cleaning up the dishes and the garbage. Then moved on to vacuuming and mopping.

At around 12, I decided it was time to shower and put on some clothes. So I showered, did my hair, used some random acne cream that I got from target, then put on a white sweatshirt that said "Dear Friend" on the front and "Love always" On the back. It was A Perks Of Being A Wallflower reference. Then I shoved on some black sweat pants.

I went back out and looked for something to eat. When I didn't find anything, I took a deep breath and shoved on my shoes. I wasn't in the mood for something that could be delivered, so I'd have to go out. I grabbed my wallet and phone, locked the door then went out.

I walk slowly down the steps and looked around. There were not many people out, so I didn't have to worry if I looked like a potato with a snazzy ass hoodie on, they wouldn't see me. So I took of in a job towards the nearest taco bell. I'm a classy hoe.

The sky had started dropping little droplets of water by the time I got into the small restaurant. I walked in and was instantly welcomed by the radio playing Colors By Halsey. I went up to the counter and ordered a chicken quesadilla.

I sat down at took out my phone. I had an email from the editor that he said it looked fantastic, but the boss would probably wanna know how I got it so fast. I was prepared to make up a story, maybe something like I had a small dangerous run in with them. But I wasn't going to tell him that I had a relationship with one of them four years ago.

My food was finally ready and I went up and got it, then took it back and started eating. I ate quickly, all while looking through my phone. I got finished quickly and got up and threw my trash away.

I went out and noticed the rain pouring down. I flipped on my hood and walked quickly back to my apartment, or at least attempted to. I was shoved to the side before I could make it halfway. I groaned as my side hit the pavement.

      (CLIFF HANGER. HA)