Chapter 13

Dedicating this chapter to aapple123 for being an amazing friend and fangirling with me. X)
______________________________________________
"A what?"

"DreamMaker."

"As in make dreams? How is that supposed to be a power?"

"Okay, so Blue Matter is stronger than Red Matter alright? That means DreamMaires are more stronger than NightMaires."

"So basically evil shouldn't flourish."

"Are you calling me-"

"Yes. You're evil too."

"How the hell, I'm help-"

"I don't understand how you're answering my question now."

He hmph-ed and drove his fists into the bed. "You're impossible."

I loved annoying this boy. I know he was trying to help me out and was actually giving me answers for once but I couldn't not butt in so much.

"Well, sorry not sorry." I smirked.

"Sophie. Concentrate." Watching him lose his cool was so amusing, he was trembling but took deeper breaths now.

"Okay, mister. Carry on."

Honestly I was just scared that I'll provoke him to punch me and butcher me up into pieces. But anyways, I had the Blue Matter, whatever that was. So, HA.

"The Earth was going through a Negativity Surge and DreamMaires started to run out of positive energy to use. Hence, God decided that-"

"GOD?!"

I practically squealed and earned a glare from him which I blatantly ignored. I might've promised myself that I'll never interrupt him again, but hello? "God? God as in the entity that binds us all animate and inanimate things and is the creator of the universe?"

"The whole shebang. Except that, his being is much more exaggerated here on earth."

"Oh."

"So, God decided that He'll make a being, one who'll never run out of Blue Matter, one who'll bring back the balance in the world, one who can provide the unlimited supply of positive energy.That being is the-"

"DreamMaker." I whispered, gasping in realisation.

He nodded, "Yeah, you. You, Sophie, are the DreamMaker. And God sent me to get your Umanoya, that is, spirit, so we can help the DreamMaires win."

"But aren't you a NightMaire? Doesn't that mean you'll lose? Whose side are you even on? And my spirit? Won't I like, die!!"

"Whoa, those are a lot of questions. You see, God promised me something in return, so.
Your spirit, bleh, before today did you even know it existed? You wouldn't even feel the difference when it's gone."

I nodded ever so slightly, narrowing my eyes at him.

That said, he arched his body sideways and his hands reached under my bed. After some scrolling, a familiar dark blue box came to light.

"How on earth did you-", I gaped as he lifted open the heavy lid. "It calls out to me.", he grinned and carefully took the chain out. It glistened in the sunlight.

He kneeled on the bed behind me and moved my auburn hair forward. "This is for you. Never remove it okay?" I craned my neck as he clipped it on. His hands were so...warm.
He stood in front of me and just stared at me for a while. His black eyes were fixated on me and I kind of squirmed under his gaze. Or was that a blush?

"DreamMaker bling, eh?" I started, mostly to break the silence and the awkwardness surrounding us.

"Huh? No. I mean, yes." I giggled as he stammered. Then he just smiled, a genuine one now, and his eyes roamed the room.

Oh, wait, Keith was in my room? Damn, what was he going to think about me? You know what they say, a room says a lot about a person's personality. Okay, they don't. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't care! I can just imagining his brain snorting as it received the images of posters of Enrique Iglesias. Shirtless. Come on, I couldn't help it, it was my favourite song!

"Sophie Hazelwood, do we have a musical prodigy amidst us?", he smirked at me.
It took every part of me to not wipe that off his face with a toilet cleaner. Just when I opened my mouth to say something clever, my mom knocked the door open.

Yeah, knocked the door open. She was a rather strong and dubious person and if my door was even closed, she would come bursting through it like she's One-Punch Man to catch Banero red-handed.

"Fia, I thought you were at-", she stopped midway when her gaze landed on Keith. "Oh." He immediately got up as my mom scrutinised him. He strode towards her with confidence filling the air around him and shook my mom's hand. "Hi, ma'am. I'm Keith, the newbie at school. Sophie has helped me a lot to catch up with my work." He now looked at me expectantly.

"Uh...yeah."

I didn't expect Mom to believe us because firstly, there were no books in sight. Surprisingly, she nodded her head and gave a smile,"Oh, why didn't you tell me you were here? I'll get some snacks. Till then, stay put. I apologise on Fia's behalf, that girl has no idea how to treat our guests." She now narrowed her eyes at me.

Sure. Bitch about me, right in my presence. How typical of you, mom.

"Haha, there is no need for that Mrs. Hazelwood. I should get going. My aunt's been calling on my phone like crazy." He grinned at her, keeping his you're-gonna-wish-that-your-future-son-in-law-is-like-me facade on. She laughed at that,"Hey, elders worry about their kids alright? Now run along like a good boy now. I hope I'll be seeing more of you, uh, Keith."

"You will be, ma'am." He didn't lose his Sensodyne ad smile and now turned his attention to me,"You will be."

I needn't say that I rolled my eyes for the umpteenth time now. Warming up to my mother. Huh. Well, you need to wait in line fella, you're not the one she carried for nine months.

After he left, Mom had that mischievous look on her face. Oh no. Ohhhh no.

"So you like him?"

"Yup. Wait, huh what?"

"You said it! You like the boy!"

"Yeah, mom he's my friend!"

"A cute friend."

"Mom!"

"Whatever you say sweetheart."

Urgh. She can be such a teenager sometimes.
______________________________________
Author's Note :

So now we know a bit about what the actual fudge is happening! :D ;)

Sowwie if it wasn't that awesome. Kind of had a writer's block. ;~;

VOTE|COMMENT|FAN

Add this to your reading list to get notified when it's updated. ^-^

Cheers! xoxo

Affi ❤️