Chapter 9

I opened my eyes for a split second and went back to sleep again. I had no urge of waking up. I just wanted sleep.

“Ashley! Wake up!” I heard my mom yell for the fifth time.

I groaned and put my pillow over my head to cover my ears.

“Ashley! Don’t make me come up there!” Mom warned.

The pillow never works. I’ve seen this in movies and it never works. Besides, why can’t a girl get some sleep?

I heard the door to my room open and before I knew it, my room was hijacked by sunlight. After letting the sunlight take over my room, mom turned off the air conditioner and fan sending sudden warmth through me.

Why can’t I sleep?” I asked my mom while resting my head on the headboard and sighing loudly.

“Because it’s 12:45,” she replied.

“It’s what?” I asked loudly, lifting my head off the headboard and getting up from my bed.

Mom chuckled and walked over to me. Kissing my forehead, she said, “Freshen up, then tell me all about your trip.”

Smiling, I nodded.

I walked to the washroom lazily and lifted my brush, applying toothpaste on it. I stuck the brush in my mouth and walked back to my room, searching for my phone. I unlocked it and saw that there were 3 missed calls and a million messages from Erica.

Wake up!

Wake up you lazy ass!

It’s morning, sunshine!

Good morning!

I love you Ashh, wake upp!

Oh great! It’s afternoon -.-

I laughed and called her while spitting out the foamy toothpaste from my mouth into the sink.

“Good afternoon, sleeping beauty!” Erica exclaimed.

I giggled and said, “I was really tired.”

“Yeah, I get it,” she replied lazily.

“What was so important that you sent me a million messages?” I asked and bent near the sink to rinse my mouth.

“Nothing, I just wanted to talk to you,” she replied.

“Sure,” I replied. “Oh! Question! You enjoyed camping right?”

“Only the part where I got to sleep,” she said.

“I’m standing here with a poker face woman,” I responded.

She laughed. “Yeah, yeah, it was fun.”

“I knew it,” I said proudly.

“Well, I’m going to finish my homework, bye!”

“Okay, bye,” I replied.

I grabbed my towel from my room and went for a shower. After bathing, I dried my hair and went downstairs and found my mother making pancakes.

“Hmm, I smell something tasty!” I exclaimed.

My mom looked at me and grinned, “Hungry?”

“A lot!” I walked towards the counter and sat down, waiting for mom to give me a pancake.

She took one plate from the cabinet, placed two pancakes on it and handed it to me with maple syrup and whipped cream. I grinned at her and put some maple syrup on it with a lot of whipped cream. I cut one big bite and plopped it in my mouth, moaning as the amazing taste of whipped cream made my taste buds go wild.