Once Upon A Rain

Another One Shot. Once a song said: love is like the sun that lights up my whole world. But what happens when it become Rain?
--------
His Point of View
I am panting, running from places to places. My rucksack fell from my shoulder to my wrist, making me stop. This is harder than I thought it could be. Searching for someone hiding wasn't easy indeed.

In my left is a park, with kids and moms and nannies in the whole place. I'm tired, maybe a scenic sit would do. I sat down to the nearest bench my eyes could reach. It was pale blue, more like white with flowers drew playfully. At its leg was an Angel's breathe making its way from beneath. They remind me of the girl I was looking earlier, I know she's here somewhere. Somewhere, hiding.

Hours Later
After the long rest, I manage to get my butt out of the bench. I have to continue looking for her and laziness isn't my thing.

Manila isn't the place where you gotta get a map. There are directories everywhere pointing exactly where you imagine yourself to be. But then again, this place is like an oven filled with heated rocks. Sweats are thickly covering my entire human body, from my forehead they run down to my cheeks then to my chin. The streets are bombarded with different cars making it's way out of the traffic, as well the side walks are crowded.

I stood in a corner before I get myself killed with heatstroke, drinked a mouthful water, wiped my face and neck and finally took a step. I found myself in front of a restaurant no, a carinderia as it states. It's almost 1 o'clock but still, no result found.

Her Point of View
As I head out of a cosmetic boutique, I saw a man eating in a carinderia on the other side of the road. He obviously is masculine , tattooed and wears a black fitted shirt. He wears his cap the other way, just as how he really does.

"Why are you here?" I whispered hoping the air can take my voice near him. Is he here for me? Should I start running, again?

Unfortunately , my feet walked me towards the eatery where I could see him going out.

Before he could take another step away , I called his name.

"Alexus!" It wasn't that loud, but he heard me. He did!

"Brianne!" He came running, and thrown me a hug.

"I've been looking for you. Where was you?" it was a whisper, a lonely one.

"Hush, hush." That was everything I said.
-----------
After the unexpected reunion, we decided to take a walk by the park. In my right hand, I have with me a bag from the boutique and on my left is his hand. I let out a sigh.

"Why did you ran away?" He asked without looking unto me.

"You know why." I answer briefly, letting deep breathe out.

"I don't" he said jokingly but I know he is serious.

"Come on" I groan, I know he do know.

"Just tell me" he insist.

"I can't"

"Why not?" He looked at me, finally.

"I just .. can't"

"Is it about me getting myself into army?"

"Yeah"

"Brianne you know how much I wanted this, don't you? Can't I have you both? Both thing I long to have the most?" I pity him, and it squeezes my heart.

"Me and your army dream are two parallel lines, no way to intersect." I replied with my head bowed. I don't want to see how much it hurts him.

I made a promise to my mom, and to myself that I will never marry an army.

My dad at the young age, 29 died in Afghanistan. His body was found torn unto pieces, bombed. I was just 8 back then, I saw my mom suffered and took drugs. Grieving was something she couldn't take. One night, she crawled to my room drunk and high, crying and begging:

"Brianne dear, never get yourself into this same burden. Never marry a soldier, promise me!" She was shouting and was on her knees.

After that night I woke up with a bothering silence. Usually, every morning mom calls out for me while making pancakes, but that day was different. The house was at total silence, no classical music playing nor a mom humming. Out of curiosity, I headed to my patents' room only to found out my mom hanged herself with an electric wire. Her eyes haven't shut yet, neck was red and stretched. She floats in the air wearing the black dress she wore the day my dad was buried. I couldn't shout for help, nor talk to mom. All I did was sat behind the opened door and watch her lifeless body swung back and forth.

Everything stayed as is until 5pm. My aunt Ellen and her family came to visit. Every one were screaming when they saw my mom, but still I didn't react. I just watched them panicked, call the cops and an ambulance.

After days of mourning, her burial came. That was the only time I spoke again,
"I Promise" I said, then held her a rose.

He knows about my issues, I did told him month ago. Everything, from dad being an army to my moms' death. He understands but he love his dream too much, and I can't bear to see him let go of such great thing just for me.

He walked me home, finally realized maybe we are really not for each other. We decided to stay friends, friends with memories.

"I'll be leaving tomorrow. We will be trained to South."
"Well, good luck on that. And , don't get yourself killed." We laughed and hugged each other.

"Till we meet again." He kissed my cheek, then walked away.

"I love you, always have and forever will." Once again I whispered to the cold air. There really are things you must let go. Not because you don't want them anymore but because of incompatibility.

Till we meet again :)
---------------------
A/N: this is how I will end the story. If you guys want to write an alternative ending, I'll be please if you'll share it with me via email (my email BTW is posted on my Bio). Hope you like the story :)

Comment, vote.