Chapter 29: We'll get throught this.

I must have been crying really loud because before I knew it the glass door was being slid open and out came a half asleep Drew, "Man, whats wrong?"

I sniffled and tried to collect myself, "Nothing man, sorry I woke you up."

"Drew rubbed his eyes ad came up to me, "Are you crying?"

I tried to wipe away any tears that had escaped my eyes in the last minute, "I don't need your shit right now, Drew."

I felt him put his hand on my shoulder from behind me, "Hey man, im not giving you shit. I promise." He took a deep breath as if he was trying to brace himself for what he was about to ask, "Whats wrong with Chloe, dude?"

I turned around to look him in the eyes, his blue eyes filled with so much worry, like he already knew something really bad was happening. I needed to tell him, I cant lie, I was never able too. I took an even deeper breath trying to prepare myself also, "Drew." He looked me in the eyes, taking another breath, I could already see the tears starting to build up, "Chloe..." I felt tears build up in my eyes once again, "Chloe has brain cancer."

Drew's body jerked as if someone had just punched him, "Wow," Tears fell from his eyes, I grabbed him in a hug as he sobbed out loud, he grabbed me back. I had gotten my sobbing over with now silent tears just fell from my eyes. He took a huge breath trying to get enough breath, "Is she going to be okay?"

I looked him in the eyes, is this what Chloe saw when she told me? Because what I saw tore me apart, so much hurt drowned Drew's eyes, I couldn't lie. I wish so fucking bad that I was a good liar, but everyone could see through me, "I... I don't know Drew." He let a breath out and looked past me as he started to cry a little more, "She is going to schedule an appointment for Chemo tomorrow, Its spreading really fast, she said."

He put both of his hands on his head as he tried to breath, "Fuck." Yeah, that was the best way to put it. Was fuck.

The next morning I woke up on the couch to choking noises coming from the bathroom, we didn't get drunk last night? Who was blowing chunks? I was about to go into the bathroom to give whoever was in there a hard time, when it hit me. It was Chloe in the bathroom. Chloe has cancer. Chloe is throwing up in the bathroom because she has cancer. I collected my thoughts, remembering everything that happened last night. I took a deep breath before walking into the bathroom. It wasn't a nightmare.

Chloe was on her knees hurled over the toilet, her body viciously jerking from throwing up. I held back the tears as I kneeled down next to her, rubbing her back and holding back her hair.

"Breath Chlo, its okay." I kept rubbing her back in circular motion, trying to comfort her the best I could.

She sat up and wiped her mouth with some toilet paper. She looked at me, her eyes red from crying, "No its not Wes." She cried into my shoulder, "Its not!" I held her there for a while and just let her cry into my shoulder until Drew came in.

Chloe got up, "I, uh, I ate bad salmon. Your bad salmon to be specific." She faked a laugh as she wiped away her tears.

Drew tilted his head, "Oh, Chlo." was all he said, and Chloe looked at him as a few tears started to fall from his eyes. It was as if they where in sync with each other when she took a few steps towards him and he held his arms open for her. She walked into them as he wrested his chin on top oh her head and whispered stuff into the top of her head, planting kisses on her forehead as she just cried in his arms.

Why is this happening to Chloe? Its not fair. I needed to get out of this bathroom. I walked out at a fast pase, storming out of the house I didn't know what I was doing I just thought the mildly cold air would help cool me off from the hot anger that was bubbling inside of me. It didn't. I ran my hands through my hair as I walked up to the decent sized tree and punched the absolute shit out of it. I let out a loud scream partly from all the anger and partly because that hurt like a bitch.

That didn't stop me from kicking it and punching it repeditly though, I needed to take my anger out on something and this tree was my victim. I was about to let out the most powerful punch of all when a hand grabbed me, I turned around and accidentally punched the owner of the hand that stopped me from punching the tree.

Keaton hunched over out of pain, I gathered myself as I sniffled and realized I just punched my brother.

"Fuck!" He scream out, he got up and punched the complete shit out of me, I grabbed my jaw out of pain. I didn't know he was capable of that, but I needed that... and that fucking hurt. I was about to fall to the ground when he grabbed me as we both crashed on the ground, "Wes, calm down.'

I just cried into my little brother as he held me there in the grass, "Chloe."

"I know, Wes." I heard you and Drew talking about it last night.

I looked at him and noticed the tears falling from his eyes also, "Why didn't you say anything?"

"We all have our own ways of dealing with stuff, Wes." He rubbed my back in a comforting way, "We'll get through this Wes, nothing bad can happen to Chloe, It just cant." He said as his crying gradually turned into sobbing.

Nothing bad can happen to Chloe, he sounded so mature for a second and then it all went down the drain when he refused to believe nothing bad could happen to Chloe. It reminded me just how young he was. He was so wrong, so freaking wrong. Reality was something bad could happen to Chloe.

A/N

Im like crying right now. Honestly.