Chapter 28: Let's Make A Deal

The breath is knocked out of me as I am thrown onto the floor once more. Jay holds out a hand to help me up. Once I'm up, he says, "Again."

I glare at him. He wouldn't let me half-shift during training, which irritated me a lot. If I have teeth and claws then why can't I use them?

I run at him and I end up on the ground again. I groan. "This is pointless!"

"It's not pointless," Jay argues. "I just don't understand why you refuse to attack me."

"Maybe I don't want to ruin your pretty face," I joke.

"I'll heal," he replies with a smile.

"You want me to attack you?" I ask, half-shifting. "Fine."

I scratch his face with a clawed hand. He hisses in pain and looks at me in surprise. "I said no half-shifting."

"Well I don't like your rules," I growl and tackle him.

"Silver, stop!" He exclaims.

"No," I answer, pinning him to the ground. "Fight back."

"Silver, please-"

I slap him. "Fight back Jay!"

......................................................................

Did she have any idea what she was doing? She must have a death wish or something. How dare she try to force me to shift?

She slaps me again. I growl, suddenly realizing that I have half-shifted. The wolf wanted out, and, if he got out, there would be death.

"Please," I murmur, trying to hold back the shift that wanted to take control.

Silver sighs and gets off of me. She returns to her human form and looks down at me. "I'm sorry."

I don't answer, so she explains, "I wanted to see how much control you have."

Still no answer, she kneels down next to me. "I want to help you Jay."

"You can't help me," I growl angrily.

"Yes I can," she argues. She looks thoughtful for a moment before adding, "I'm going to make a deal with you."

"What?" I ask.

"I will train however you want, but only if you let me help you control your shift. That means I follow your rules and you follow mine."

"And what makes you think that I am going to agree to that?" I ask, frowning.

She gives me a sad smile. "Because for some reason you want me to stay here and that means I have to train to be an assassin. If I don't train, I can't be an assassin. In other words, I can't stay here."

I narrow my eyes at her. Since when is she so manipulative? "Fine."

She smiles. "Is that a deal?"

"Yes," I answer and stand up.

For the rest of training, she obeys everything I tell her to do without a single complaint. I sigh, knowing she was going to expect me to do the same.