Jealous

Back in the warm car, Logan is trying to find an album on his phone that he wants me to listen to. Apparently I'm going to love it. We spent a little more time walking at the lake and when he noticed I was getting cold he suggested we go get coffee somewhere. Which is where we are on our way to now. We just talked about random things. Nothing serious like marriage, driving or the other girl.

I didn't want to think about her.

We arrive at the coffee shop and he manages to find a parking space near the entrance. Being here reminds me of the growling I heard out side of Joe's and the newspaper article. I start looking around making sure there's nothing out there. Logan comes around my side of the truck.

"What's wrong? What you looking for?" He asks and starts to look around for any signs of danger. Satisfied there is none he looks back to me.

"It's nothing really, I just heard growling near Joe's the other night, and then in the paper today there was that piece about the person being attacked by wolves. Guess I'm just nervous."

He smiles down at me and drapes his arm across my shoulders. Shaking his head.

"I don't think it was wolves. They never hurt humans, just deer, maybe you just thought you heard growling. I bet it was nothing. And my dad thinks the attack was more a bear than a wolf anyway. You're safe with me don't worry. plus, the wolves don't go near people anyway........Have you ever seen one up close?"

He looks at me intently. Waiting for my answer. I really don't want to lie to him. But what can I say? Uh yeah actually I petted one in my yard last night?! I don't think so. Instead I look down at the ground and slowly shake my head. He doesn't say anything to my lack of answer. Just pulls me along to the coffee shop.

The doors chimes signalling our arrival and the barista looks up and smiles. She must like what she sees as she suddenly stands up straighter, pushes out her chest and smiles even bigger.

"Logan, good to see you. What can I get for you?" she asks sweetly while leaning on the counter, giving him a full view of her cleavage. Ugh, could she be any more obvious. I can feel my anger raising. I mean he is here with another girl for goodness sake. Taking me by surprise Logan takes my hand and looks to me instead of replying to her. I think I've seen her at school with Tara. I'm pretty sure she's a cheerleader.

"What would you like?" he asks as he squeezes my hand.

"Hot chocolate please, I'll go grab a table." I can't stand to be there any longer next to him while somebody else flirts with him. After a few minutes he comes to the table with our drinks and a cookie for each of us. He sits down in the booth next to me rather than opposite me. His leg is touching my leg under the table but it's not uncomfortable and it strangely calms my anger.

"Have a nice chat?" I ask sarcastically, slightly ashamed that I'm actually letting her get to me. He looks at me and a huge grin appears on his face. It looks good on him.

"You're jealous" I shake my head, oh my gosh, I am jealous.

"You are, hey it's ok. I don't mind. I quite like it actually." If it's possible his grin gets even bigger. I slap him gently on the arm.

"I am not. She's just.....just...."

"Uh huh. Jealous." He repeats not even bothering to hide his grin.

"Oh shut up" I laugh. We talk about what I thought of his music choice on the way over here. I quite liked it actually. It was a little rocky, but I like that. I'll have to get him to sing on the way home to see if he does have a good rock star voice. A shadow falls over our table.