Chapter 7

Percy looked at the Avengers as they sat in the living room with glowing green eyes. Clint and Tony were fighting over what movie to watch while Natasha nailed them with popcorn. Steve just sat back with a resigned look, as if he dealt with this everyday. They seemed normal and Percy found himself relaxing at that. He didn't know what he'd do if they looked down on him like his stupid teachers did. They treated him like he was mentally challenged just because he had dyslexia.

   "How about we let Percy choose?" Bruce suggested, walking from the kitchen with a tray of hot chocolate for everyone.

   Percy let a small squeak out when all the attention focused on him but relaxed when Tony gave him a big smile. Hesitantly, the child walked up the enormous bookcase full of movies. He didn't know most of them, only the Disney, and chose the most familiar one to him. He looked up shyly at his savior (Tony) before giving him the DVD case.

   Finding Nemo?" Tony arched an eyebrow, grinning even wider (if that was possible), "I love this movie!"

   "You like Finding Nemo?" Clint said with a small laugh.

   "It's an emotional movie!" The genius snapped at him.

   Clint raised his hands in a placating manner, "Hey, I'm not hating on Nemo. It's one of my favorite."

   "Good," Tony sniffed, turning his head away from the archer as if he was not worth his time anymore, and put the DVD in. He flew back to the couch, burrowing into the pile of blankets he, Clint, and Percy found around the tower.

xxxxxxxxxxx

   "It's so sad!" Tony wailed as the credits rolled across the large screen, "I'm so glad they're reunited!"

    Percy waved his arms in front of the billionaire, small squeaking noises coming out of his mouth.

   "What? Are you serious?!" Tony gasped, putting a hand on his chest in shock.

   "Mm!"

   "No way! When's it coming out?!" 

   Percy gave a small shrug, "Mm."

   "It already did?! When?!"

   "Mm... Mm..." Percy made a small circle with his hand and moved it around, drawing a bigger circle in the air.

   "Nine days ago?! Dang it!"

   "Okay, what are you guys talking about?" Clint asked, looking just as lost as everyone else, "Not all of us speak 'Percy'.

   "He said that there's a Finding Dory movie and it already came out on June 8th!" Tony answered, falling back on the couch.

   "What?!" Clint ducked when Natasha threw the bowl of popcorn at his head, giving him a look that obviously said 'shut up before I make you.'  She didn't tell Tony to be quiet... "We missed it."

   Tony shrugged, "I can always stream it here."

   Percy made a small squeak.

   "Never mind. Percy says that's bad."

xxxxxxxxxxx

   When Thor returned from Asgard, it was six o'clock in the morning and no one had had their coffee yet. The only one remotely awake was Steve, who naturally got up at ungodly hours to 'jog' (Tony wasn't so sure about that but didn't bothering getting up that early to investigate).

  Thor looked confused when there was an extra plate out for breakfast, the portion substantially smaller than the rest, and even more so when he saw the colorful artwork on the fridge. He shrugged his shoulders, dismissing it as strange Midgardian customs, and opened the pantry for his precious pop tarts.

   When he felt a small tug on his cape, Thor looked down to see a small child squinting up at him with bleary green eyes. The child continued to look at him for a moment before pointing at the box in the god's hands, "You wish to have the tart of pops?"

   The child nodded, eyes opening slightly to look at the box of pastries more clearly. He squinted again, tongue sticking out from the corner of his mouth.

   "Ah," Normally, Thor wouldn't share his precious pop tarts but he felt something strange coming from the child. He sensed a strange power that felt vaguely familiar but he couldn't place it. "Here you are, young one."

   The kid squeaked and gave the god a blinding smile, snatching the pastry packet he was handed, and ran towards Steve, who was looking at the child in amusement. He accepted the small cup of coffee from the super soldier. When the first drop of coffee went down his throat, the child promptly spit it out, realizing just who he had talked to.

   Steve's laughter rang through the air as he pounded the kids back lightly, laughing harder when he saw Thor's confused expression, "This is Percy. He's staying with us from now on. He doesn't talk. Percy, this is Thor. Stop choking for a second and say hello."

   Percy went silent for a moment, long enough for him to wave at the god, before falling back into his coughing fit.

   "No, Percy!" Tony ran into the kitchen, kneeling in front of the child, "Don't die on me! Is the coffee okay?!"

   Percy didn't even seem bothered by the insensitive question, weakly pointing to the counter, "Mm."

   Tony hugged the six year-old, not because of the coffee. He just wanted to give the child a good morning hug. Percy seemed to understand this as he hugged the genius back just as tightly.