Chapter 15: Training

Scott's POV

I don't know if it was a good idea to leave Mitch with that bastard Lincoln. If Mitch gets to close to the bars, Lincoln can grab him without any trouble. But Mitch said to trust him, he told me about his experiences with Lincoln and from what he said, Lincoln doesn't sound like the feral rogue I believed he was.

"Scott!" Mitch comes running out of the building, jumping in my arms. I stumble back a bit from the impact.

"Mitch! Are you okay?" I ask worriedly. I quickly pull back from the hug and scan him.

"Yes, I'm fine! But Lincoln isn't. We have to help him! You have to release him." Mitch says. He climbs off me and sets his feet on the ground again.

"Let me hear the recording." I hold up my hand for Mitch to drop his phone in.

I listen to their whole conversation, surprised by how Lincoln sounds. He really doesn't sound like he's lying. He seems so genuine. I makes me confused and frustrated. He just seemed angry at me, at the world when I talked to him. Maybe that's because of his brother. That he thought I'd kill him immediately and that would leave his brother alone.

I'll research him tonight to check if he actually has a brother. Maybe I can find some more information about him and his brother.

I grab Mitch's hand, "let's go, we have training." I walk to the training field.

Mitch looks up at me confused, "training?" His eyebrows in a frown.

"Yeah." Did he think I would let him skip training for some reason? 

"What kind of training do you mean?" I hear a hint of fear in his voice.

"Fighting, Mitch. To make you and your wolf stronger." For me this is obvious, but maybe it isn't for him.

"But I'm not a warrior. Why do I need to fight?" Mitch whines.

"You need to learn to protect yourself." I explain patiently. "And besides, everyone above 12 has to attend one hour training 3 times a week. Only pregnant and sick people not." For me this is absolutely normal.

"Everyone?! Also the women?" Mitch looks even more confused.

"Yes, everyone needs to protect themselves and it doesn't matter whether you have a dick or not." I hate it when packs treat women like they are less capable to fight. "No discrimination in my pack."

Mitch gulps, "okay fight. Got it."

I don't understand why he would be scared. He lived on his own in the woods for 7 years. He has to have fight skills to survive that right?

When we arrive at the field, I pair him up with Kirstie. She came from a different pack where women didn't fight. She has only been in this pack for a couple months and just started to learn how to fight.

Me and my head warrior, Kyle run the training. First we let them punch and kick in the air to show them how and then we let them fight against each other.

I was wrong about Mitch knowing how to fight. He couldn't fight at all. Even worse than some 12 year olds. Kirstie was too good for him and won all of their fight, so I paired him with the youngest member. She just turned 12 two weeks ago and could even beat Mitch. I could see Mitch was embarrassed but he just didn't have any body coordination. Eventually I let them stop and pair Mitch up with me. 

"I suck at this, Scott." He whines. His cheeks are bright red from all the hits they took and sweat is rolling off of him.

"It's okay, Mitch. You just shifted back for the first time, it's not strange that you don't have control over your human body." I reassure him. I'm sure his wolf is a lot better. We always do half the training in wolf form and half the training in human form because you have to know how to fight in both ways.

We shift together at the same time and start circling each other. I can see that he has a lot of control over his wolf. Most people find it hard to hold back their wolf when they are in wolf form. If you don't hold back your wolf, he's gonna take over and then you're just a wild animal basically until you take back control. Even I think it's hard to hold back my wolf, but that's because he is an alpha and wants to show everyone. Being so close to Mitch does not make it easier. Me and my wolf just want to jump his bones here and now.

Mitch's wolf is quick on his feet but not specially fast. He is also not very strong. I really don't understand how he survived. I did notice that his ears are good. Maybe he heard the enemy coming and hid or something. His colour could help with that too.

After I pinned him down for the 10th time, his juicy neck on display, I call an end to the training.

We both shift back.

Nudity is quite common among wolves, but with Mitch's and I's current situation of not mated mates it gets a little awkward. I try not to look at him but it's just so hard. He is so damn gorgeous. Skinny, but still a few muscles and a creamy skin that I just want to lick. And his butt is something to look at. It's cute and round and I want to touch it. But that would be weird so I don't.

Mitch is blushing the whole way back to our clothes, looking straight forwards. He didn't look at me once. I know it's not because he thinks I'm ugly but because he's embarrassed. I can't help but be a little relieved though. I don't like people staring at me when I'm naked, brings bad memories. I don't want to think about that now though. And Mitch is the only one who is allowed to look.

I can't wait to get to bed and cuddle with Mitch but I first have to deal with the Lincoln problem.

When we come home I tell Mitch to shower and go to bed because I can see he's exhausted.

I go over to the computer and search Lincoln.

He does have a brother named Michael and I can see they were in a pack together a while ago. So maybe he is talking the truth. I think I have to talk to him myself. I'll do that tomorrow.

I get in bed and pull the blanket over me before cuddling up to Mitch. I put my arm around his waist while he cuddles back into my chest. I'm asleep in no time.