Chapter 9

Natalia POV

It was pretty silent in the limo. Mr. Beacon was sitting so far away from me making business calls. I just sat there with my hands placed on my lap and my legs crossed.

I wondered who we were meeting with. I wished that he would of kind of told me a little in advanced so I could be prepared. Curiosity overwhelmed me so I decided to just ask him.

"Sir, who are we meeting with?"

"Were meeting with Mr. Ray of Shine Enterprises." He said quickly

I waited for him to go more in detail about the meeting, but he didn't he just stopped. So, I asked him if there was anything else I needed to be informed about.

"Is there anything else about the meeting I should know Sir?" I asked

He looked back at me with angry with intense eyes. I wondered what I did wrong this time.

"Are you getting smart with me?" He asked in a dark low voice.

I was shocked at his comment, but more than anything confused. I wasn't getting smart with him at all. I was honestly asking a genuine question with no hidden motive behind it?

"No Sir I-"

"If there was anything else you needed to know, I would've told you." He snapped.

I was going to respond, until the door opened. Mr. Beacon stepped out of the car, I did as well following his steps. I gave the limo driver a small smile before catching up to Mr. Beacon. Man, he was walking really fast today.

When I met his strides approaching the building. I looked up, and saw that it was pretty big. Not as big as National Elect Industries, but it wasn't far from it.

We finally entered, and walked towards the reception desk. There was a man sitting and typing away on his computer with concentrated eyes, he looked pretty young. He looked up when he saw us approaching the desk. Once Mr. Beacon came to a complete stop he asked the young boy a simple question.

"Mr. Rays office?"

The man eyed us suspiciously. I didn't know if he was doing that because he didn't know what Mr. Beacon meant by his question. Or he was maybe confused of why we were here in the first place.

However, with the long pause, and confused stares from the young boy that was directed towards us I knew it wouldn't take long for Mr. Beacon to snap at him.

" Are you just dumb or incoherent I don't have all day!" He yelled at the young man.

And there it is... I gotten so use to it already, I know when he has his moments. Well, sometimes I do.

The man looked shocked and afraid at the sudden outburst. His cheeks flamed red rather quickly, probably because of embarrassment.

"It's o-n-n t-h-he seventh fl-o-or Sir." The man responded stumbling over his words.

He scoffed at the boy and turned in the direction of the elevator. Not even saying thank you.

I felt bad for the poor little thing. I mean he didn't do anything wrong. I looked back and gave the guy a sad smile mouthing a 'sorry.'

He returned the smile only half heartily. We entered the elevator. He pressed the button that read 7th floor and we began moving. It wasn't even a second when he began to complain about the boy at the front desk.

"The boy can't even do a job right." He stated while shaking his head in disappointment.

"He was probably being aware of who was coming in the building nothing to get mad over." I stated.

As soon as I said it, I wish I never did. He snapped his head quick at me scrunching his eyebrows in frustration. He rubbed his hands over his beautiful face.

"Once we get in the meeting that needs to stop. The sarcastic remarks, attitude, and snarky comments are done. All you need to do is sit there and take notes and anything else I inform you to do got it Miss Wake?" He said looking at me with an eyebrow raised.

I tried to respond to that rather rude comment to defend myself, key word (try)

"I was just saying that you did-"

"And I'm just telling." He gave me a stern look ending the conversation. Man, he was so annoying.

"Yes, Sir."

"Good." He said turning his body towards the front of the elevator

I rolled my eyes at his comment. It's like he thought I was his dog submitting to his command. Before anything else was said from both sides that can fuel another argument the doors opened on the floor. As soon as we stepped out we were greeted by an older man, and a younger one.

"Mr. Beacon, I'm so glad that you came." The older man said.

"Well the persistent phone calls from your assistant about the request of a meeting with me. I had to say yes so I can see what was constant phone calls, and requests was about." Mr. Beacon responded while shaking his hand.

Leave to him to be arrogant about something like that.

So, this was Mr. Ray. I imagined him a little different, then what was standing right in front of me. He had on a black suit, with a navy-blue tie. Around his eyes, had wrinkles, and his hair was grey around the edges. Showing that he was aging.

However, the young man that was next to him looked the complete opposite. He was very handsome with his sandy brown hair, and light brown eyes. He had on a grey suit with a red tie. He was pretty tall too about 6 feet.

He wasn't as tall as Mr. Beacon nor handsome. Mr. Beacon had at least a few inches on him, and let's not even get started on the features that Mr. Beacon had stretched on his face that trampled over any man's appearance.

But his attitude was a different story...

"I was just talking to your friend here Jason. I mentioned that I wanted to propose an offer." Mr. Ray said pointing to Jason, but talking to Mr. Beacon.

"Is that, right?" Mr. Beacon asked with a cocky smirk stretched onto his face

"Yes, let's step into my office."

We all begin to walk straight forward before we turned the corner to a white glass door. Mr. Ray opened it up for all of us to step in the room. I was the last to go in until Mr. Ray stopped me from stepping in further.

"And who must be this beautiful woman might be?" He said towards me with a charming smile.

I was going to respond, until Mr. Beacon beat me to it.

"That's my personal assistant, don't worry she won't be in tune in the conversation. She will only be taking notes."

" If I only knew how pretty they get I would have gotten myself a new personal assistant as well." He said chuckling at himself.

I laughed at his comment to and his strange attempt of trying to hit on me. But he didn't know that.

"What's your name my dear?"

"Natalia, Sir." I smiled offering a hand.

He took my hand in his own, and stared at me with his eyes. It was kind of getting borderline creepy. I tried to pull my hand away but he wouldn't let go.

Luckily someone cleared their throat. I turned around and saw Mr. Beacon glaring at Mr. Ray

"So, should we get started?" Mr. Ray asked letting go of my hand and walking towards Mr. Beacon

"Yeah, let's." He responded but giving me hard glare while doing so.