The Last Dance (7)

Hey, so the timline might be a little confusing but basically everytime the POV changes, time has passed.  

Comment and Vote?

******************************************************

Chapter 7 - Thinking

Celia's POV

"Aunt Cee!!" Maria and Chloe ran up and threw their hands around me. I smiled, being away from the castle was just what I needed.

Annabelle was close behind, she laughed when she saw me buried under the twins.

"Girls! Behave, why don't you two take Coriolis into the stable?"

"Horsy!"

"Come on pony!"

"To stable hurrah!"

"Giddiupp!"

They ran off towards the back of the property with the Fief's attendants running to help. I smiled and embraced Anna.

"The kids are so big!"

"They're quite the handful, they remind me of you when you were young"

"Hey! There was only one of me, and I was no trouble at all"

"No, only when you were with John, and then there were two of you, and twice the trouble" She laughed at the memory. I shifted and laughed nervously.

She looked at me knowingly, Anna could always tell when something was up, especially something involving John.

"What did he do?"

"Actually... it's umm... more something I did," I finished quietly.

She looked at me curiously while I turned red under her gaze.

"So you came here to get away from him?"

"Not exactly, he left early this morning to go to Fief Newberry."

"I'm guessing there's more to this story."

"There is... but can we... maybe talk about it later... like in the evening?" I wasn't quite as ready as I thought.

She nodded and waved at me to follow her.

We spent the rest of the day keeping busy, we rode to a nearby village to pick up supplies and just sat around inside catching up and chasing after the twins. The afternoon was spent helping teach some of the local children to ride horses.

Before I knew it the day was over and Anna and I were settling down with cups of cider before a hearth fire. We sat quietly for a while before Anna finally broke the silence.

"Alright Cee, tell me what's going on"

John's POV

I hadn't been able to find Cece before we left. I had gotten up early and looked everywhere, the practice courts, the mess hall, even her place in the woods, but she wasn't anywhere. She's always up before the sun so it was pretty obvious she was avoiding me, but why?

"Johnathan, see that horizon up ahead? That's the Redwood Forest, we should be upon it in about an hour and stop there for the night."

I nodded "Thank you Sir Corry"

The knights were friendly and we had gotten along well and eased into a sort of friendship early on. Once the business of discussing the problems at Newberry were out of the way we had talked about our lives until breaking for lunch and I had finally gotten them to stop calling me 'My Prince'.