down stairs

once, there was a small girl, no older then the age of five. On her fifth birthday, her parents decided to give her the downstairs area to herself, as the parents would soon be renovating. as a result, the girl cried and moaned, claiming that she "simply couldn't have it do herself, as I'm far to scared of the dark". her parents couldn't take away the idea of having an upstairs area, so they decided to get her a well tamed dog.

eventually the girl agreed to the parents plan, and so, a couple of years had gone past and the renovation was finished. the dog had been tamed to follow her every where she went, and to lick her hand whenever he smelt her fear.

one night, like any ordinary night, the girl was sent off to bed. she brushed her teeth, combed her hair, put her nighty on, and jumped in bed, and as usual, the dog followed her. he sat beside her and waited for her parents to come in and say goodnight, and after that, he crawled under her bed. the girl gently closed her eyes, and she slowly went to sleep.

At around 9:00 the girl woke up, trembling from an awful nightmare. she slowly put her hand below the bed and waited, and as always, the dog licked her hand. she sat in bed, with slight anxiety, staring at the wall. As she was just closing her eyes, she started hearing a dripping sound from the tap. she lay in bed for a couple of minutes, trying to build up the courage to find out what was dripping, and eventually, she sat up and walked into the bathroom, where she expected the dripping was coming from.

she slowly opened the door, looking around the room for the dripping sound. she walked over to the sink, but the tap wasn't dripping, neither was the shower, or the bath. she slowly gained anxiety about the noise and scuttled back to her bed.

she put her hand straight under the bed, and was licked by the dog. for many more hours, she woke up, having nightmares about the same drip, but nothing in the dream was particularly scary, only the same dripping noise, over and over again. Eventually, she became fed up with being woken up by the same drip, and ran out of her room, scurrying around rooms, trying to find answers.

as she ran around the area, she started to notice that the noise was coming behind the door of the living room. as she walked down the hallway, she hesitantly opened the door. she noticed the noise coming from behind the wardrobe door. she slowly, slowly walked over towards the doors. she opened them, and to her disbelief, her dog was hanging by a thing thread of the bar of the wardrobe.

as she slowly turned around, there, written on the wall, with the blood of the dog, was:

Humans can lick to

written by pascale Larkin and Alorah