~Chapter thirty six~

🌊~💔~📱
Missing you
comes in waves.
Tonight I'm
drowning.

-Unknown
📱~💔~🌊

Having text to say she has covered for me in the form of telling Dad and Hannah I stopped over at Chloe's last night, Anna demands to know every fine detail of my evening spent with Aidan, emphasising the fact that I am to leave nothing out. After falling asleep under the stars, we had both woken up roughly one hour later and decided to sneak into his house where we lay cuddling one another until the early hours of this morning. He's since dropped me off at home with promises to call and one last parting kiss, though his reluctance in letting me go proved really rather heartwarming. It's obvious he'd rather hang out with me for the remainder of the weekend but I told him to go spend some time with his Mom, highlighting the importance of doing so. She seemed so weak last night when seeing us both and I'd hate to be the reason for him missing out on any quality time with her.

"Hey, kiddo. Good night?" asks Dad, fussing over a restless Emily at the kitchen table as I enter.

I'm still in last night's dress, though decided I didn't need the added stress of four inch heels to accompany me on my journey up the drive. Carrying them is much easier, not to mention more comfortable for my feet and if there is anything they need right now, it's a damn rest.

"Yeah, sore feet but apart from that it was great." I smile, unable to do or say anything else, for the huge grin taking over my face doesn't allow for it.

"Well, why don't you get changed and come tell me all about it. Grab Anna too. Hannah, Em and I are dying to see pictures." he suggests, really surprising me with his enthusiasm.

It's nice to see he's genuinely interested.

"Sure!" I reply, already making my way towards the stairs and a, no doubt, extremely eager Anna, though I certainly don't make it far before I'm stopped.

"Oh, and Amelia," interrupts Dad, lowering his tone to that of an authoritative one. "No more sleepovers with Aidan."

Oh my god!

"I don't- what has-"

I give up.

"Yeah, okay."

And with that, I walk away.

How embarrassing!

~~~~

By the time Monday rolls around, I am neither prepared nor emotionally invested in school. Aidan has yet to get in touch since Saturday morning and to say his behaviour has sparked worry within is a huge understatement. I've text him a few times and left the odd voicemail after each attempt to call him was met with rejection. I can only assume it's because he's too busy spending time with his Mom but given we slept together two days ago and now he's seemingly ignoring me, I can't help but panic.

"Hey, where did you and Aidan end up on Saturday night?" asks Dylan, slamming shut his locker door as to appropriately address me.

The others have yet to arrive, giving me no other option but to confide in him regarding my recent worries.

"We just hung out back at his. We weren't too bothered about Nick's party," I reply, feeding him his answer. "Have you heard from him this weekend? He's gone quite and I'm worried." I add, hoping to at least learn of why the sudden silence on his behalf.