Chapter Two

I spent the last 10 minutes of Physics thinking about this mystery present that Aiden had supposedly got me. It made my heart skip a few times the thought of how cute he was at times. It actually made my heart melt a little and I had to put my hands on my cheeks to avoid anyone seeing me blush. When class was over, Alex and I headed to Maths. On the way, we passed Aiden and Max, they were pretty close friends, the same as Alex and I, we often all met up together, Aiden and I actually attempted to try and get Alex and Max together at one point but left it when Alex slapped Aiden. It had always been sort of awkward ever since.

I gave Aiden a smile and he smiled back before Max elbowed him and whispered something. Alex hung onto my arm in a link as she always did. Maths went by as a blur and soon along went English and Social and soon it was lunch. The four of us all had the traditional lunch spot, under a tree at the back of the school field. It was private at first but every lunchtime I seemed to notice the group of cheerleaders seemed to edge closer until they were settled by the fence about 10 metres away. Aiden was a football player, so after school he was constantly with them. I never stayed to watch him play, as the girls were too cringe and clingy for me to bare, I would probably be sick before it started.

Aiden and Max had arrived at the tree first and were already tucking into their pizza, Alex and I arrived soon after. I felt slightly awkward about the whole 'present' situation but sat down in between Aiden's legs anyway and leaned back onto his chest. I could feel him breathing and I felt so at ease. I had forgotten to grab my lunch since I was in such a rush that morning, so I grabbed a slice of pizza, Max stared at me with a 'that's not fair' look but it soon disappeared when he was distracted by the pizza slice he hadn't finished. I smiled as Aiden munched on his piece above me.

"If you get crumbs in my hair, you can wear this slice of pizza" I smirked as I felt him stop chewing and move his face away from my head. I finished my slice when I noticed Aiden took the last piece. These boys ate fast! Aiden noticed the empty pizza box too and offered me his half eaten slice, I took a bite and he laughed.

"What?" I looked up at him as he giggled behind me.

"You have pizza on your face" His eyes glistened, showing off the blue tone. I wiped the left side of my face with my hand.

"The other side" Aiden watched me wipe my face, missing the area. With the brush of his fingertips he touched my face and licked the sauce he collected. In that moment it was like I was in a movie, apart from this is the part they kiss passionately then go back home and make love then live happily ever after and tell the story to their grandkids. Awkwardness swept over me all over again.

Last period was gym, I hated gym. I loved to run, I ran every day after school to keep fit but doing it at school was depressing and embarrassing, at least at home no-one would see me but at school everyone was judging you. I mainly stayed at the side of the track with Alex who 'hurt her ankle at the weekend' Soon it was time to go home and I waited alone, outside the boys changing rooms, I could hear Max and Aiden inside shouting and laughing with the rest of the football team. 

I usually didn't stay, I would walk home alone but today I had no reason to be home so thought I would watch from a bench nearby. We were walking to the pitch with Aiden's arm around my waist, this was always the way he held me when he was in a good mood.

"It's about time you watched me play football" Aiden ran his hand through his hair.

"I just came to watch you lose" I smiled giving him a pouty face.

"Well get ready to be disappointed, I'm king of the pitch, care to be my queen me lady?" His British accent was attractive and I bit my lip subconsciously. When I turned to him I saw his eyes focus on my biting lip and I gazed at his pink lips.

I had no idea what this feeling was, I had never felt it before but I was beginning to feel a physical attraction towards Aiden. We always joked and he always picked me up but we were best friends that's what we did. This time I wanted to run my hands down his six pack and feel the touch of his pink perfect lips on my neck. It all became too much and I turned away abruptly and headed for the bench leaving Aiden slightly confused, his hand still positioned where my body should have been.

Finally his practice was over. As the boys bundled and congratulated each other, I stood still holding the daisy chain I had made. The sun was blaring down and the boys were all drenched in sweat, it was disgusting. Aiden ran towards me, leaving the other boys to wipe mud off their clothes. As he reached me I grinned at his brown hair sticking in all directions, it was effortlessly attractive and his muscles glistening with sweat and he frowned at me.

"Yes?" I asked, confused at what he was looking at.

"You have something on your face" For a moment he looked dead serious but a glisten in his eyes told me he was joking and before I knew it he wiped his hand across my face, wiping a slap of mud across my cheek.

"Well, you do now!" He said between bursts of laughter. I stepped back, mouth open and laughed. Aiden was in stitches laughing. I crouched on the ground on my hands and knees in a ball. Aiden stopped laughing and realised.

"Are you okay?" He sounded concerned and I just stayed there. He approached me and touched his warm hand against my back. I bobbed like I was crying. As Aiden picked me up I jumped and threw the large handful of mud I had collected into his face and over his mouth. He was so surprised he nearly fell to the ground. The rest of the football team had gone to the changing rooms so it was just Aiden and I but it didn't matter, we continued with our mud fight. By the time we were finished we were covered from head to toe. Aiden had taken off his shirt allowing me to cover his abs with mud and we took off our shoes so we could run easier on the soft ground.

We finally finished when I surrendered and was lying on the ground out of breath. Aiden joined me and I rested my head onto his chest as we looked up at the sky which was clear and the sun was setting nicely. It was so romantic. After a long two minutes I sat up and looked at him. His eyes stared straight through me as if he was reading my every thought. His cheeks were covered in mud. My hair had escaped its bun and was now hanging silkily down my back, mud slicked and my cheeks were also covered which was handy as I was probably blushing again.

I sat up and straddled my legs over his waist so I was sitting on top of him looking down on him.

"So how's Casey?" I couldn't help but wonder if he fancied her because she defiantly wanted him too.

"Urgh, don't mention that name to be" He said in disgust while his fingers played with the rips in my shorts. The feeling was coming over me again, the urge to grab him and kiss him long and hard. I had to put my hands under my arse to stop them. "You alright there?" Aiden said grinning at me wide eyed.

"Yeah why?" I looked down at him then realised, my hands were on top of his crotch which was where I was sitting. Awkward, I quickly slid them out and stared at him embarrassed. There was a part of me that didn't want to move them but that would have made things even more awkward then they were already. He smiled and took my hands in his then he asked me a question that took me completely by surprise.